Main Menu

11 feet of snow!

Started by 750-h2, February 25, 2019, 11:58:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

According to environment Canada, Sudbury Ontario as of last night received a total of 11 feet of snow this winter. Here is a picture of my house that was taken today.  The Challenger is my daily driver.  :o

anlauto

We may have had 11 inches so far this year in Georgetown  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Its amazing what 220 miles north can do.

blown motor

Snow on the roof makes good insulation but I hope it doesn't rain.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: blown motor on February 25, 2019, 02:00:15 PM
Snow on the roof makes good insulation but I hope it doesn't rain.

Yeah I would be careful how much weight gets on the roof . . .  ;)
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

chargerdon

Here in Fuquay-Varina, NC   this year we have had about 1 inch of snow !!   Snow sucks !!

Jay Bee

Quote from: 750-h2 on February 25, 2019, 11:58:45 AM
The Challenger is my daily driver.
Wow, shouldn't your daily driver be a snowmobile. 

Brads70

jordan

I have about 4 ft of snow where I live, and more up north where I snowmobile on the weekends.  I absolutely love riding.  It totally takes care of my speed fix all winter.  My sled is stupid fast.  It accelerates like a sport bike, just on snow.  I topped it out this year at 110 mph.  It corners like it is on rails.  And it is comfortable. 
  My other ride is stupid too.  I haven't gotten out yet this year on the ice because we had a late lake freeze and now good snow.  When the sun kills the snowmobile trails, I will get a little bit of riding in on the local lakes before it turns to mashed potatoes. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

JonH

"I topped it out this year at 110 mph"

Jordan, be careful with those evil things. Had a good friend lose his life riding in northern WS. a few years ago. Know many others that had serious accidents. You sound like a young thrill seeker...be careful

anlauto

Told my ex brother-in-law that same advice last week....He was telling me he had his Ski-doo running 132MPH on the weekend  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

I'm a touch south in balmy Ottawa.

We are looking at a top 10 recorded snowfall winter here. I love it. I likely spend as much time outdoors in the summer as I do in the winter.
Someday I will have a J0b.

RUNCHARGER

We might have gotten 10 inches here in a few snowfalls. Even that is too much though.
Sheldon

jimynick

We haven't gotten as much as H2 or Brad, but I had the blower out today as it snowed about 2/3 of the day. I, too, like the feel of the speed of a snowmobile, but my nephew a year or so ago was also enjoying the same feeling, when he hit a partially submerged fence and tore off 1/2 the cowl, nearly decapitated himself and lacerated his liver- maybe not worth the thrill after all, eh? Then there's the snowmobile guys with a water fixation. My buddy's cottage is outside Dorset, Ontario and in the ville, in the only restaurant/bar, is a scoreboard delineated by make, of the sleds that've tried to run on the open water and the number of them respectively that've sunk. If you've ever had the enjoyment of going into 30'F water wearing 20 lbs of gear and boots at high speed, perhaps you could explain the attraction to me? Here endeth the sermon. Have fun, be safe and live a long life lads!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Topcat

N. CA. Sierra Nevada right now.   :unbelievable: