Main Menu

11 feet of snow!

Started by 750-h2, February 25, 2019, 11:58:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Guess I can`t complain too much, been  up and down temp wise from single digits to lower 40`s but maybe only a couple feet of snow for the seaon  only 2-8" at a time - so far! We have been nailed with 2' in April before so winter may not be done yet.  :o
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on February 27, 2019, 07:57:48 PM
We haven't gotten as much as H2 or Brad, but I had the blower out today as it snowed about 2/3 of the day. I, too, like the feel of the speed of a snowmobile, but my nephew a year or so ago was also enjoying the same feeling, when he hit a partially submerged fence and tore off 1/2 the cowl, nearly decapitated himself and lacerated his liver- maybe not worth the thrill after all, eh? Then there's the snowmobile guys with a water fixation. My buddy's cottage is outside Dorset, Ontario and in the ville, in the only restaurant/bar, is a scoreboard delineated by make, of the sleds that've tried to run on the open water and the number of them respectively that've sunk. If you've ever had the enjoyment of going into 30'F water wearing 20 lbs of gear and boots at high speed, perhaps you could explain the attraction to me? Here endeth the sermon. Have fun, be safe and live a long life lads!  :cheers:

Actually we haven't got that much snow here either, it seems to miss us and all around us gets nailed. Not sure the totals maybe 3-4 feet all winter I'm guessing?  Usually when it snows it's just a " heavy frost" 2-5 inches maybe?

jimynick

"Usually when it snows it's just a " heavy frost" 2-5 inches maybe?"  LOL! Now THAT's Canadian!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Topcat

Cal Trans reported today..."We don't have anywhere to put the snow"

"The snow walls are too high to put it up any higher" 

Topcat

(Punxsutawney, PA) Western Pennsylvania was in shock today, in addition to being snowbound, after news leaked that Punxsutawney Phil has been arrested for fraud.

This follows a lengthy investigation during which it emerged that he deliberately predicted an early summer despite knowing winter was far from over in order to manipulate betting markets. He did not act alone, but in concert with criminal elements out of Ohio who placed huge long-odds wagers on an early summer prediction.

To his credit, local residents say Phil had resisted such pressures for years, carrying out his predictions in a faithful manner despite the promise of huge payoffs if he were to fix the result.

Sadly it appears he finally gave in to temptation and deliberately predicted an early summer when he knew almost for a fact that bitterly cold temperatures would still be arriving well into April and beyond.