Main Menu

1976 Dodge Van wearing Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Graphics

Started by RusTy/SE, April 22, 2019, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RusTy/SE

My good friend Ray H owned and cruised this 1976 B-series van in Montgomery back in the 80s. As he explained, "I bought it off of a family member, had the Dark Side of the Moon graphics, put on by a guy named Larry out of Prattville (just north of Montgomery)". Ray also had the roof vents and side pipes added.

He sold it long ago and currently has a 1974 van that he is working towards fixing up with a nearly identical paint scheme.

I always thought it was cool as, being a big Pink Floyd fan and when he finally showed me these only two photos he has left of it, I got his permission to post here 8)

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

70 Challenger Lover

I used to own a 76 dodge shortened van like this as well. A great vehicle and I regret getting rid of it. Of course mine didn't have the cool graphics...

anlauto

You have to wonder where all those cool vans of the 70's ended up  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

A friend had a SWB 77 I recall , with a Mody Dick theme , the killer was he swapped in a 440+6 , 18 spline 833 & a 3.54 Dana , it very fast !!
Another friend found & is building a 70s short nose van as well , he also put in a 440 but auto .
I was looking at buying a 78 orange swb but as always too broke !
I wish there were a few more left , I bet most rusted & no one tried to fix them .

70 Challenger Lover

Or they just got crushed. Mine was a Ca. Car with zero rust or body damage. Had a fresh 360 and drove like a champ. I sold it 15 years ago and the most I could get was $1300. Some dude wanted it to haul band gear around in. I rarely see these 70s era vans anymore.

Chryco Psycho

I thought I recalled seeing one  :thinking:
Different one tho