Main Menu

2015 Ram MPG Report

Started by kawahonda, September 24, 2019, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Single cab, short bed, 5.7L, 4x4, and 8-speed. Trip did not really consist of much city driving, maybe 20-30 miles tops. This is almost purely free-way.

Full trip landed at 22.6 MPG, which is pretty respectable.

If I didn't have to drive into Idaho (80 MPH freeways) then it would have hung out at 23.2, which is the highest average going 72 MPH.

The MDS system does not activate over 78 MPH. Over this speed the MPG is still relatively good, but I feel like it peaks 50-72 MPH.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

ec_co

I had rented a RAM 1500 @ 6-7 years back to haul the Barracuda from Spokane to Denver, overall averaged 18mpg (WA-ID-MT-WY-CO route). @ 21mpg on the way their, but full load on the way back. pretty sure mine didn't have the 8spd, but could be wrong.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

kawahonda

At 6-7 years back, probably not the 8-speed.

I want to say that the 8-speed was an option starting in 2013. Most that I've seen of 2013-2015 seem to have the 6-speed. After that, it's full on 8-speed it seems

The easiest way to tell.....did you have the dial or the column shifter? I believe all column shifters are 6-speeds, and all dials are 8-speed.

21 MPG is really good for the 6-speed if it had 4x4 (if that what it was)!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

gzig5

I was looking at Ram's in the Fall of 2013 and the 8 speed auto was only available on the new 2014 models, with that silly rotary knob.  I ended up buying a 2013 Ford F150 partly because of that.  They wouldn't deal on the 2014's.

Burdar

I have found that the dash displays aren't that accurate.  Have you checked your actual mileage?  Traveling from Iowa to Pennsylvania my dash display got up to 25 mpg on the trip out.  Actual mileage was a couple less then that IIRC.