Main Menu

2018 Widebody Challenger Hellcat - City Fuel Mileage

Started by Mopsquad, June 25, 2020, 05:10:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

I've had my Widebody Hellcat since Feb of this year, got a great used deal on a 3500 mile car.  It's my daily driver and my practice is about 5 miles from home, all city.  I love the car and I knew the gas mileage would be not so great.  Right now, with a regular foot on the gas (I don't push it too hard), I get about 9.1 MPG.  Seems quite a bit lower than the advertised 13MPG city.  I do drive it on ECO mode as well.  Just wondering if this is what others are seeing.

7212Mopar

Auto or manual? My 392 6 speed get about 12 mpg city. I do not have MDS. Local and freeway combine I never got higher than 18 mpg. 
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Mopsquad

Auto.  When I had my Scat Pack 392, I got about 12-13 in the city as well.

7212Mopar

Auto should get 1 mpg more I think. The supercharger is unloaded but will still have some losses. May be engine is still new.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

MEK-Dangerous

I think they need to define just what city mileage is. To me, it's slow traffic. If you are looking at red light after red light, that's another matter. All that time sitting and idling isn't going to help your MPG.

Congrats on having a Widebody Hellcat as a daily driver. That must be an awesome 5 mile drive to work. I assume you get he chance to let it stretch it's legs on the weekends and do some real driving?

Mopsquad

Thanks!  I've traveled to Las Vegas just before the closures.  From Palm Springs, there is a back road route with little traffic that I usually take.  I was able to open it up quite a bit and it was exhilarating!  What was really fun was the passing (on the two lane) with the massive supercharger whine bouncing off the passed cars.  Sounded like a jet!

Otherwise, its a tame life for the widebody right now...