Main Menu

2019 RAM Announced

Started by 303 Mopar, January 15, 2018, 07:44:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

The 2019 RAM truck was announced at the Detroit auto show with a lot of changes and updates including a new e-torque system. 

anlauto

Great....Now I want one of those :drooling:...I guess I could trade in my 2017... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

They look okay in those videos. Moparts had a link last night to one and it was a really ugly camera angle. Mine is on warranty for another 4 years so I'll buy a new one in 3 or 4 years then.
Sheldon

And in 2020 they are scheduled to be Made in the USA again !

I rented a car in Fla a couple years ago, forget the model , that had a start and stop engine, it would shut off the AC when at a light and idled down, had to keep the rpm's up at the light to keep the AC going.
Hope Ram separates out the AC circuit from the start stop,

RUNCHARGER

The Wife's last Mercedes had the stop and start. Not too annoying and you could disable it easily enough. I guess the way I look at it is that if they can do enough tricks to keep the MPG up it's all good as long as we can keep the 395HP.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 15, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
The Wife's last Mercedes had the stop and start. Not too annoying and you could disable it easily enough. I guess the way I look at it is that if they can do enough tricks to keep the MPG up it's all good as long as we can keep the 395HP.

Obama had the EPA instill a 54 mpg mandate for domestic auto makers by 2025, and Trump is trying to repeal it.  https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/trump-rolls-back-obama-era-fuel-economy-standards-n734256

Irregardless, the auto makers are being forced to comply to higher mpg standards which is why all the gimmicks on new cars.

JS29

I was hoping Trump would do something about that!!!!!!!   :banana: :banana: :banana: :twothumbsup:

72 Challenger

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 17, 2018, 10:03:41 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 15, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

Obama had the EPA instill a 54 mpg mandate for domestic auto makers by 2025, and Trump is trying to repeal it.  https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/trump-rolls-back-obama-era-fuel-economy-standards-n734256

Irregardless, the auto makers are being forced to comply to higher mpg standards which is why all the gimmicks on new cars.

I have driven a couple of stop start cars and some were pretty terrible. You shut it off in most cars.

As for the MPG debate weather governments mandate it or not I believe if cars want to survive they will need to be more efficient. I think overall the buying public is starting to use MPG as a criteria in their car searches so it is in the manufacturer's best interest.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Chryco Psycho

Dakota

Technology marches on.  Can't see there being much left under the hood for shade tree mechanics to work on.  My 2002 Ram is still a nice cheap date.

GrandpaKevin

Bought the wifegod a new car at Christmas.

We looked and drove a bunch of vehicles.

We were sitting at a light in one and the wife commented how quiet the car was and salesman chimed in about the car having the start/stop technology and wasn't even running.

The wife wanted nothing to do with that and didn't want to disable it every time she got in the car. :thumbdown:

NOT having the start/stop was the first requirement after that.

RUNCHARGER

See, that's the deal. If he hadn't told her she might have bought it and been none the wiser.
Ha, I couldn't imagine stopping and starting a 426 Hemi at lights though. With the old AFB technology on a hot day there could be lots of drama. Especially with a chrome box or MSD box coughing it up when they felt like it. The new cars are good that's for sure.
Sheldon

Cudajason

I am still not sure about the new truck. I think they took all the great design cues of the ram and cut them off!!!

To me it looks like it has a heavy GM design influence and now looks like any other truck out there.

The wife needs a new truck soon, and she is not sure she likes the new one either.

:alan2cents:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on January 22, 2018, 02:32:36 PM
I am still not sure about the new truck. I think they took all the great design cues of the ram and cut them off!!!

To me it looks like it has a heavy GM design influence and now looks like any other truck out there.

The wife needs a new truck soon, and she is not sure she likes the new one either.

:alan2cents:

Jason

:iagree:  They also need to bring back the  Ramcharger ( like a Chevy Suburban) and with a diesel option. They would sell a ton of them if they did!