Main Menu

2020 E-body calendar

Started by Swamp Donkey, October 02, 2019, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

I was wondering if we were going to have a 2020 calendar?  I absolutely loved my 2018 calendar and is still the only calendar hanging up in my shop. 

While going through all the work of a calendar, printing it off, shipping it etc is totally out of my wheelhouse, I am willing to step up and do it. 

I would think I would need some permission from  @Cuda Cody Not looking to make any money or profit at all.  Anyways just throwing out a few ideas.  Unless of course someone else wants to step up and do it.

Don't forget, the 1970 year might get a little preferential treatment because of the 50 year anniversary.   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ClarkWGrizwald

Im in

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

I really loved the way the 2018 calendars turned out.  The issue for 2019 and what will also most likely be the issue for 2020 is time it takes to do it and the cost.  We have a small budget to work with each year and we thought it would be best to focus our resources toward having a party / event at the 2020 Carlisle show.  If we re-direct those funds towards a calendar (which we can do if that's what everyone wants), we still need to find someone to make them and take the time to ship each calendar.  It's a lot to take on so anyone that is going to do it has to know up front that it's not just a couple hours of work.  It takes days to put something like this together and track all the orders.

Chryco Psycho

I would just be happy to pay for a calendar & save the cost to the site , I will buy a calendar from somewhere anyway  :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 02, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
I would just be happy to pay for a calendar & save the cost to the site , I will buy a calendar from somewhere anyway  :alan2cents:

I agree!  We can pay for Calenders... Spend the money at Carlisle.... Or piss the East coast guys off & spend it at Spring Fling!!! :haha:

blown motor

I messaged @Swamp Donkey and suggested that if someone looked after the layout and sent it electronically to get printed somewhere near me that I could look after the shipping. I assume that this is doable in today's electronic age. I'm in NY state a couple times a month so I could ship from both sides of the border.
Personally, I think that directing club funds for a Carlisle party will only benefit 30-50 members. Using them for a calendar would give benefit to any member that wishes to get one.  :alan2cents:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

Aside from the time of shipping and tracking car pictures and deciding which pictures to put in it what is the dollar value of getting the calendars printed? Approximate of course. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

CudaMoparRay

I too would be willing to pay for a calendar no problem  :takemymoney:

I believe they could be mailed under media USPS cheapest shipping Don't know for sure but worth investigating

71-440

I be willing to pay for one also.
I know it's a lot of work and costs a bit of money to do a calendar.

If there's anything I can help with also I'm in. A group effort would be nice.  :grouphug:

Joe

Swamp Donkey

I'm going to let this thread marinate for a few days, and see what shakes out. Can't wait to long, I guess if the calendars are to start shipping around the middle of November.

As I start doing some research on calendars, the prices are all over the place.  Depending on size, type of paper, matte or gloss, the price changes dramatically.  Anywhere from $5 to over $20 per.  That is of course in my funny loonie money up here in Canada.

I also know that I should not have any input on photo selection. I lean way to far to the modified pro touring e-bodies
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Hemi1632

I am in, I would be willing to buy at least 2.

ec_co

I'm in. love my 2018, sad we didn't do a 2019, would love a 2020 on the 50th anniversary!   :alan2cents:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

I like the idea of 1970 only E Bodies for the 50th anniversary ....you could do everything from project cars to show poodles  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration