Main Menu

70 Dodge Vehicles Stolen from San Leandro Dealership

Started by Topcat, June 02, 2020, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well, there's nothing like a new car to help you feel better about the whole situation. :alan2cents:

I saw one news clip that showed a gentlemen jumping out of a store front window with three or four new kids backpacks. I assume that makes sense to him, and his kids will be happy and proud of their Father. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

On the bright side. It gave the Dodge brand free advertising with more Mopars on the street. At least temporarily.

Brads70

To some folks a warped sense of entitlement is a powerful thing..... :bricks:

RzeroB

Totally justified.

With the high cost of Dodge performance vehicles, the under-privileged individuals are prevented from acquiring these vehicles legally. If you look at the demographics of what king of an person actually owns one of these cars you will note that a disproportionate amount of them are caucasians with a moderate or greater income. That's straight up racial and economic bias no matter how you slice it.

And then there is the First Amendment. As noted by Don Lemon on CNN they are simply exercising their First Amendment rights to "express" their dissatisfaction with how they perceive that they are being treated. The demographics prove that they are under served by Dodge, so if Dodge refuses to make Dodge performance vehicles more affordable for ALL people, then they are totally justified in "expressing" their First Amendment rights non verbally by taking what they are entitled to ... a new Dodge performance vehicle!!

Besides, they're upset. As if the bias against them that keeps them from buying Dodge performance vehicles isn't enough, they're upset that everyone else is "going shopping" under the guise of "protesting" social bias and they're missing out on the "sale". Remember how it felt when everyone else got ice cream and you were the only kid who didn't get any? Same thing here ... nobody likes to get left out.

Of course you guys realize this is my attempt at satire ... with a little bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure. ;)
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7212Mopar

I wonder if the dealer can still sell the recovered vehicles as new and how they are required by law to disclose the information. I hate to be the one to walk-in thinking you are buying a spanking new car but in fact that it was recovered.

The looters must be Mopar people. He or she did not go loot a Chevy or Ford dealership.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ec_co

Quote from: 7212Mopar on June 02, 2020, 02:28:47 PM
I wonder if the dealer can still sell the recovered vehicles as new and how they are required by law to disclose the information. I hate to be the one to walk-in thinking you are buying a spanking new car but in fact that it was recovered.

The looters must be Mopar people. He or she did not go loot a Chevy or Ford dealership.

every Carfax will be branded with 'Theft Recovery' and take a hit on the price. and yes, they must disclose it at the time of sale per law.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

7212Mopar

Pure lunacy. Gavin is incompetent and Trump needs to fulfill his pledge to send in the military. We need M1, APC and Humvee to take back the streets.

7212Mopar

Just received text message that curfew starting tonight in my county.

floorit426

It serves Dodge right. All their advertisements show them "driving it like you stole it".

cudamadd

Out of control not sure what it's going to take , But I hope the government and the people can work it out soon . :australia:

cuda hunter

Several of those cars did not receive proper break in procedures.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

floorit426

:iagree:
Some of these rocket scientists probably figure that they are entitled to a full warranty on their stolen rides.