Main Menu

A Blatant Forgery...

Started by anlauto, December 03, 2019, 06:48:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

A blatant forgery ....and not even a great one at that  :thumbdown: .... :haha: :haha: :haha:

I was having some fun with a grease pencil this morning.....I can see all the "Rock" fans having a conniption right now :o :looney: :looney: :crying: :rubeyes: :drinkingbud: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

The new, shiny paint gives it away
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Topcat

Rock is rolling in his grave.

cuda hunter

i'd rather see it back on the car than disappear.  Rock's legend continues on. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I was inspired by your photo copy of the broadcast sheet in the seats idea....I was just joking around but really it's no different then copying numbers and marks found on the rear axle or transmission etc... :dunno:
The shiny paint gives it away I agree, but no one will know 50 years from now when the car is restored again  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Car-nutt

I am going to be adding it on mine!! Great work.

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

It is 1970 FF4 in a two stage paint. We did serval spray outs and got it pretty darn close to the original samples found on this original paint car.

This is the original:

anlauto

I admit the new colour has a little more depth, and the original is maybe a little more "silvery" ?? but I think it's a nice colour I would never claim it's 100% accurate. :alan2cents:

I see a lot of FF4 cars that the colour more washed out, which may be more accurate   :dunno:

cuda hunter

Got a pic of the new color in the same area? 

The greens have definitely grown on me over the past several years. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 11, 2019, 02:58:17 PM
Got a pic of the new color in the same area? 

The greens have definitely grown on me over the past several years.
I hear you! My wife thinks I should paint my 74 Challenger, green. Even though it's a triple black car.  :takealook:  The only one I might even consider is the one we painted son Jim's Accord coupe in. It's so dark that on a cloudy day, you'd swear it was black, but get it in good, strong direct sunlight and the green pops out. Kinda neat, but I'll probably still do the car black- but maybe a metallic black, just to get the chalk mark boys revved up, eh?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"