Main Menu

Challenger T/A Wall Art

Started by benlavigne, March 07, 2020, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

This is from Nick's T/A, which you might have seen on his YouTube videos...
A friend has bought it and is restoring it, he used new fenders and was going to throw this away!
I got it for the horizontal part where the hood pin is attached, as my car has 72-up fenders with the notch and I might correct that one day. It's actually nice enough to hang on the wall, Once I do some garage cleanup... along with my beat-up Superbird nose... Anyone else has car pieces as wall art?

Ben

7E-Bodies

:crying: Is that the original fender?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Floyd

Did someone say wall art?  :D

benlavigne

:1place:
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 07, 2020, 03:21:10 PM
:crying: Is that the original fender?

I think so, I'll see if I can find date codes... Wheelwell lip looks normal, weren't T/A"s rolled like Hemi's?

Ben

anlauto

That's not an original T/A stripe I don't think :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

"rolled" T/A & AAR fenders are out there, but I don't think they are the "norm"

if you have late '71 fenders with the "NOTCH" on your painted car, it would be easier to fabricate and weld a patch & refinish just that area w/o dealing with a color match on the exterior  :alan2cents:

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on March 07, 2020, 05:21:40 PM
That's not an original T/A stripe I don't think :rubeyes:

I think the original stripe was taped over and repainted around...

Ben

benlavigne

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 07, 2020, 05:54:55 PM
"rolled" T/A & AAR fenders are out there, but I don't think they are the "norm"

if you have late '71 fenders with the "NOTCH" on your painted car, it would be easier to fabricate and weld a patch & refinish just that area w/o dealing with a color match on the exterior  :alan2cents:
It would probably be easier, indeed. Would have been even easier to do it at the same time the previous owner modified the side markers openings from 72-74 to 70-71... only went for the obvious I guess...

Ben