Main Menu

Ahh! The smell of fresh plating in the morning!

Started by Slotts, April 30, 2018, 04:35:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Almost as good as the smell of hot coffee! It's getting the metal prep'd that's the fun part.  :pullinghair:   ;)

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

AAR#2

Looks pretty good, do you do your own plating?
I've found having the ability to do my own is horribly convenient.

anlauto

Question #2
Is that all customer stuff, or do you build your own inventory to sell ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Slotts on April 30, 2018, 04:35:52 AM
Almost as good as the smell of hot coffee! It's getting the metal prep'd that's the fun part.  :pullinghair:   ;)

Jim

Boy Jimmy, you sure are a show off.  :perfect10:  There's a reason why you get all my work.

cuda hunter

Quote from: HEMICUDA on April 30, 2018, 05:45:50 AM
Quote from: Slotts on April 30, 2018, 04:35:52 AM
Jim
Boy Jimmy, you sure are a show off.  :perfect10:  There's a reason why you get all my work.

when you do work that looks that good you have some room to show off!    they look great!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Great looking parts. That really makes the difference on a car.
Sheldon

nsmall

:bravo:

Nicely done.  I wish I could smell some of that.  I have never had the pleasure.

Slotts

Thank you for the kind comments.  :bigthumb:    Yours, too Mike!  :haha:

Mike and I like to throw fast balls at each other with the comments like this...
"So, how's that 1988 Yugo you're restoring coming along, Mike?

Sorry, I just have to amuse myself sometimes at the history of having unrelated, yet all Mopar parts, in one place at one time preserved in a picture and then out they go back to the owners all over God's creation.

No, I do not actively sell restored parts. I provide a service. What is shown in the first picture is a mixture of individual owners and restoration shop parts sent in. If the individuals or restoration shops want to mention JS Restorations, that is totally up to them. I am not a name dropper.

I will say those four clutch safety switches did come from the one restoration shop along with a bunch of other parts on the table. One of each version for current project cars and the other two for stock.

I enjoy the before and after pictures. Just offering my little sliver of help to the Mopar only community.

Jim

Rich G.

Very nice. Is that a secret formula you use to plate things?

Spikedog08

Awesome work Slotts!  Wasn't sure if you were still providing the service . . . good to know!  A talent I don't have . . .

:twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Slotts

My bad. Sorry, I missed answering that question. No, I use a commercial plating service for clear, dichromate zinc plating and black oxide plating. Just don't have the time for doing my own plating.

Jim

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

VCODE

Quote from: Slotts on May 01, 2018, 07:55:53 AM
My bad. Sorry, I missed answering that question. No, I use a commercial plating service for clear, dichromate zinc plating and black oxide plating. Just don't have the time for doing my own plating.

Jim

I was thinking you must be drinking that stuff instead of coffee.
You may need more than coffee to get all that work done, and so pretty. :perfect10:
Bob

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration