Main Menu

Amazing find in Canada.

Started by js27, May 22, 2020, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

cuda hunter

That is absolutely amazing.  I've read a little about it from another article.
There are approximately 3 large dinosaur mummy's now and about a dozen smaller dinosaur/bird fossils from china.

The amazing thing about all these mummy's that have been found is that by xray examination they have found that  both Saurischia (lizard hipped) and Ornithischia (bird hipped) dinosaurs had internal organs similar to a modern chicken.  They were in no way reptilian.  They had self regulating internals.  Meaning they did not have to sit in the sun to warm up like a crocodile.  They were like chickens and could move both at night and day in both cold and warm weather environments. Most dinosaurs reproduced with hard eggs like chickens.  Not like crocs and gators or frogs and other reptiles.   
  Since I'm mentioning chickens, I have to mention that the T rex had  a wish bone just like a turkey.  With only two specific bones that were different than chickens.  chickens are sometimes born with teeth and tails.

Imagine an 18 thousand pound chicken or turkey.  A modern chicken or turkey will whip the crap out of ya.  That's at 5.5 average chicken weight and 12-19 lbs average turkey weight.  Even small therapods (3 toed)(carnivorous) dinosaurs were a force to be reckoned with.  some had opposable thumbs even.  There is a reason why the largest mammals that lived with the dinosaurs was the size of a virginian possum.  thank God for the chicxulub impact.

I'm an amateur paleontologist.  I've traveled all over the states to find dihichunosaur fossils.  It's one of my passions. 
My father is a southern baptist  minister so I've argued Gods creation of evolution my whole life. 

Sorry, I can go on and on about this subject. 
Me and the wife were fossil hunting 3 days ago.  found a bunch of sharks teeth and shells up here at an elevation of 9200 feet. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

I've been to the tyrrell museum. Definitely worth a long visit.
Two museums that have really impressed me..... The Royal Tyrrell in Alberta, and the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, WY.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mopar5

Its truly amazing to think about all the history and creatures that lived before we humans into existence.And conversely one day we will be the relics of history and distant people will be looking at us. :takealook:

Chryco Psycho

I used to live 20 mins from Tyrrell museum , cool place !

js27

@cuda hunter - I love reading about this stuff. When I lived in PA I would find lots of fern like Plant Fossils -Now here in SC. I find lots of Shark Teeth and Ray plates. A got a few nice size Megs so far. I  haven't been out hunting since my heart attack but hope to get back out soon. A few shot from some of my fines.
JS27

cuda hunter

Those are quite the teeth!   The ones I find are only half inch big at most.  I'm looking in the Fox hills sand stone of the cretaceous era. So about 67 million years ago. 
We don't have the exposure that megalodon is found in.  20 M.Y.A. to 3.5 M.Y.A.  wish we did as I would love to find one.
I drive through Florida every year and I was considering stopping at the tampa bay beach's as I have a friend who has found lots of megalodon fossils there.  As well as lots of mammal fossils from the pleistocene era. 
  I'll take a pic of the shell crushing sharks tooth that my wife found the other day and post it up.  Not near as glorious as those megalodon teeth.  But awesome in it's own right. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

js27

Love to see it.
I have tons of small teeth also. Large Megs are hard to find but every once in a while they pop up. Being 30 miles from the coast we have lots of marine fossils here. I have found a few horse teeth also and naturally some coral. 60 million years ago the East Coast shore line was like 200 miles inland from where it is now. I get such a kick when the local gloom and doom newspaper run these end of the world articles every tie we get a high tide and downtown Charleston floods they scream screaming Global Warming is going to kill us all.
JS27

anlauto

That is a cool collection/ What's the big thing you're holding in your hand ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

that is a megalodon tooth.

the larger vertebrae looks to be a fish vert.  but can't really tell.
The smaller ones would be shark.

What the last picture you posted?  I can't figure out what that is.  bone? 

cuda hunter

Global warming is a joke.  Well a bad joke made up to bring in tax revenue.

The first post, the mummy, floated off in the ocean 110 Million years ago in Canada. Global warming. 

17,000 years ago where I live would have been under a glacier.   15K man started to make their way up the Arkansas river into the very small grassy areas.  We had mammoth here 15K years ago.  Sabertoothed tigers as little as 12K ago.  Dire wolves 11K. 
Man must have killed all those giant creatures and melted all the glaciers with their camp fires.   What a joke! 

I'll try to get some pictures of some of my stuff posted to share with you. 

6bblgt

some lay person descriptions would help for the interested non-enthusiasts  :twothumbsup:

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

this is a pretty good video.  He explains a little more about the pleistocene period.
But he kinda lays down the time line with a decent chart. 
these are pretty boring for most but you might find them very informational. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILDbOLge5Q