Main Menu

Amazon...why go to the store ?

Started by anlauto, September 21, 2020, 02:03:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: blown motor on September 22, 2020, 05:51:56 AM
Quote from: dodj on September 22, 2020, 04:10:47 AM
I try to buy local to support the local economy..
I'll even pay a little bit more (not a lot more).
Unfortunately,  I'm in a fairly small city,  110,000, so it is often not available locally. Then I go to Amazon.

110,000 Lol. My closest town is 3500, the next is 32,000. I buy local, I don't want to drive through town and see half the stores empty. I saw that in Kansas 15 years ago and it hasn't left me.
lol.
But you are next door to the big bad GTA.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mopar Lady

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on September 21, 2020, 08:27:50 PM
Quote from: Mopar Lady on September 21, 2020, 06:16:24 PM
I won't buy tools on Amazon,my independent tool dealer is not too happy when told they were bought on Amazon.He turns down warranty on them.I was in his tool truck 2 weeks ago and guy off the street stepped in with a broken Grey Pnuematic 10mm impact universal swivel socket.Bought the set off of Amazon.Told him not warrantying it.He knows that I buy from him because I have service from him,this includes my Mac and Snap On Dealers.No service from Amazon at all

my truck tool guy tried pulling the same thing on me.
One call to corporates straightened him out.

Kept on giving me BS about something being on backorder, found it on Amazon, had it 6 hours later.

If I don't have tools, I don't make money
I support my local tool truck guys,service and support.Grey Pnuematic voids the warranty if bought on Amazon,Amazon is an unauthorized dealer of Grey Pnuematic is the reason why.I am know buying from my tools after my independent tool guy shown my this youtube video,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkaShiNxbmI&t=231s

blown motor

Quote from: dodj on September 22, 2020, 06:34:14 AM
Quote from: blown motor on September 22, 2020, 05:51:56 AM
Quote from: dodj on September 22, 2020, 04:10:47 AM
I try to buy local to support the local economy..
I'll even pay a little bit more (not a lot more).
Unfortunately,  I'm in a fairly small city,  110,000, so it is often not available locally. Then I go to Amazon.

110,000 Lol. My closest town is 3500, the next is 32,000. I buy local, I don't want to drive through town and see half the stores empty. I saw that in Kansas 15 years ago and it hasn't left me.
lol.
But you are next door to the big bad GTA.....

If you call two hours next door.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel