Main Menu

AMERICAN MADE = UPDATE...

Started by anlauto, June 20, 2022, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Check out this little screw up I had to deal with today. DID NOT EXPECT THIS from Legendary Auto Interiors out on NY....

With two convertibles on the go I ordered two white boots....Manufactured in the good ol' USofA

One is completely missing the piping strip the slides into the back seat  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

What a f**k-up. Hope they replace it for zero cost to you. If not a local place could sew a piping in for you cheaper than shipping it back to Legendary. Before those became available an upholstery shop in my city made me a boot.

torredcuda

Not very good quality control, they need a new QC manger.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

Maybe that's the Canadian export version..... :pokeeye:

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

So, I have an account with Legendary and buy all my interior stuff from them, like most shops do...
So yesterday, as soon as I noticed it I picked up the phone and called them...When I was trying t describe the issue, the lady on the phone didn't believe me...when I suggested I could send these pictures, she insisted I would have to return the item first for their inspection, then they would send me another one in 8-10 weeks ! When I told them my customer was waiting for the car, then she got all snarky...and said a lot of people are waiting... :looney:

Funny thing though....the moment she took my account number to look up the order is when I realized I had bought them through Classic Industries because they were on sale and in stock...OOPS !! Now I felt dumb, as soon as I mentioned CI, she practically hung up on me saying they have nothing to do with it :drunk:

After being on hold for 27 minutes, I finally got through to Abe at Classic Industries...Said "YUP....we have them in stock, well send you a new one tomorrow, just email us the pictures and we're good to go.....you can keep the old one !"   However about 30 mins later, I got a phone message saying they were going to send me a return label because Abe's manager wanted the old one back for Legendary.. :rofl:

Either way, with a company like LAI, I'm surprised items like this go out the door :dunno: but who knows, like everywhere else maybe they are dealing with "new" employees who don't know better, or old ones that don't give a shit.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

I was actually talking to someone about this a few days ago...I was saying that I hope the major backlog at Legendary doesn't start to cause quality issues. It is common for companies that are facing major backlogs to start cutting corners and rushing in order to get shipments going. Little oversights like this can be caused by that.

anlauto

My upholstery guy said he recently had 70 Challenger seat covers that were messed up missing the listings inside for the rods :dunno:

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 21, 2022, 05:14:08 AM
I was actually talking to someone about this a few days ago...I was saying that I hope the major backlog at Legendary doesn't start to cause quality issues. It is common for companies that are facing major backlogs to start cutting corners and rushing in order to get shipments going. Little oversights like this can be caused by that.

Saw it all too often in my manufacturing career - management rushing thru stuff and even skipping needed operations trying to get shipments out the door faster and to try make more money. The problem is what usually happened is parts were rejected at final inspection and needing to be re-worked, or worse because of skipping or rushing steps, rejected at the customer making the company look really bad and hurting the reputation for quality. Both of those outcomes actually waste time and cost the company money but management never seems to figure that out.

Cuda_mark

The funny thing is that Legendary had been making people pay in full for backordered shipments, so it's not an issue cause by lack of revenue. I ordered seat covers a couple of months ago and they only made me pay for what they were shipping so, apparently they've stopped that practice of pre-payment.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 21, 2022, 06:09:31 AM
The funny thing is that Legendary had been making people pay in full for backordered shipments, so it's not an issue cause by lack of revenue. I ordered seat covers a couple of months ago and they only made me pay for what they were shipping so, apparently they've stopped that practice of pre-payment.

Maybe domestically but not Internationally ...at least for me...I gave them $2000+ back in March for an order I'm not getting until Jan 2023 :'(  at that time they told me they had 6000 orders....that's a lot of capital :bigmoney:

PLUM72

I am beginning to think that anything purchased from anywhere during the "COVID" years is highly suspect as having poor quality.  Companies are so far behind, many are missing key employees.  The ones that have been hired are not properly trained to do the task.  Therefore we all suffer.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

440WB

Quote from: torredcuda on June 21, 2022, 06:04:09 AM

Saw it all too often in my manufacturing career - management rushing thru stuff and even skipping needed operations trying to get shipments out the door faster and to try make more money. The problem is what usually happened is parts were rejected at final inspection and needing to be re-worked, or worse because of skipping or rushing steps, rejected at the customer making the company look really bad and hurting the reputation for quality. Both of those outcomes actually waste time and cost the company money but management never seems to figure that out.

how true that is - for me as a plant manager for a tool cutting operation back in the 80's
even back then due to employee issues. New company V.P. had instructed me to let
10% of our known product flaws to go out the door in our blanket orders.
His idea was to wait and see what they find.
:whiteflag:

torredcuda

Quote from: 440WB on June 23, 2022, 06:18:47 AM
Quote from: torredcuda on June 21, 2022, 06:04:09 AM

how true that is - for me as a plant manager for a tool cutting operation back in the 80's
even back then due to employee issues. New company V.P. had instructed me to let

"when in doubt, ship it out" if the customer doesn`t like it they`ll send it back.  :haha: That`s the attitude some in management seemed to have -got in more than a few arguments with them about final inspections being rushed or skipped. The best thing was when the parts got rejected, the management got thier asses reamed out by the customer for shipping bad parts because I was right and they were wrong!  :yes:

440WB

[/quote]

[/quote]

"when in doubt, ship it out" if the customer doesn`t like it they`ll send it back.  :haha: That`s the attitude some in management seemed to have -got in more than a few arguments with them about final inspections being rushed or skipped. The best thing was when the parts got rejected, the management got thier asses reamed out by the customer for shipping bad parts because I was right and they were wrong!  :yes:
[/quote]

Yes - those orders came right back ---Like You - I have said told you so -
was embarrasing for me on many levels - from the office manager, the 2 previous owners who were part time then, the new owner, the 7 salesmen, the empolyees - Fords team staff, other walk in compaines who would see up on the board in RED = REJECTION SHEET - the only one was ok with it was the VP-

He would say its ok because he wanted to ship the full order ( lets say it was 10 piece each month - I only would have 7 good pieces ) sending out to FORD  they made us look bad!!!

RUNCHARGER

It takes years to get a good reputation in business, not as long to turn that into a bad reputation. It's one thing to make people wait a year for your product, it's another thing to make them pay in advance for the product but when you ship an inferior product on top of all that you're heading to the bottom faster than you know.
Sheldon