Main Menu

Andy's 'cuda

Started by dodj, April 30, 2018, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

A while ago on cc.c some members offered parts, others offered labour, some offered both in order to help get Andy's cuda done.
Cancer took Andy before it was completed. Anybody know what happened to Andy's 'cuda? Just wondering if it stayed in  the family and if it got finished.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Miss that man!  :andyangel: Last I heard his wife still has it put away, still not finished. I wish we could have got the engine going for him to at least hear....  :tired:

Chryco Psycho

I agree , Andy got away too fast  :andyangel:
The family got the car to Carlisle the year Andy passed , a lot of us signed the car for her .
She always seems to make it to Carlisle , & still has the car , Like Heathers Duster this is one car we need to get finished up for Kathy & Andy !!

MEK-Dangerous

As far as I know, his Plumb-crazy Cuda is in storage. His son wants to make it run, but he isn't a mechanic.

I'll add the pics from 2014.

303 Mopar

Seems to me that that we can either just let it sit there or do something about it.

Spikedog08

I really should try to help get it done . . . just so many things to do and not enough time . . .  :bricks:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

I have time just no funds  :bricks:

RUNCHARGER

I guess the car is in the east somewhere?
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 01, 2018, 07:01:34 PM
I guess the car is in the east somewhere?
Ann Arbour was where Andy and Kathy lived and where we worked on it the weekend Andy died. I, also think about him from time to time and even though I didn't get to spend much time with him, he was a gentleman and a giver.  :andyangel:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ledphoot

That's a shame he didn't get to see that sweet Cuda run again. Michigan is so far.. I could possibly contribute parts / cash to the cause. Should we do a go-fund-me for his kid? Maybe contact Overhaulin' ?

72 Challenger

Didn't the car win celebrity pick or something like that because of the story?

I saw the car in Carlisle.
Someday I will have a J0b.

blown motor

Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 01, 2018, 02:23:32 PM
Seems to me that that we can either just let it sit there or do something about it.

I was at the first build party. I'm in for another build party if the timing works for me. Maybe we can get @Dmz73 in on this. He know Cathy also. Someone would have to take the lead and figure out what else is needed. The drive train and interior is in, there can't be a whole lot left to do.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Quote from: blown motor on May 02, 2018, 05:23:03 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 01, 2018, 02:23:32 PM

I was at the first build party. I'm in for another build party if the timing works for me. Maybe we can get @Dmz73 in on this. He know Cathy also. Someone would have to take the lead and figure out what else is needed. The drive train and interior is in, there can't be a whole lot left to do.

I was going to ask to those who were there, what else needs to be done and what parts are missing?  This will help determine the level of effort, time, number of people, etc.

Spikedog08

Quote from: 72 Challenger on May 02, 2018, 05:23:00 AM
Didn't the car win celebrity pick or something like that because of the story?
I saw the car in Carlisle.

Yes I picked it for the award . . seemed fitting!  I am probably the closest to the car at about 45 min I think.  I will follow up and see if I can get some details on where it is and what is needed.  @ViperMan he a good friend of Cathy's and I think he has been to the new home in Chelsea, MI . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Timbbuc2

Quote from: ledphoot on May 01, 2018, 10:59:23 PM
That's a shame he didn't get to see that sweet Cuda run again. Michigan is so far.. I could possibly contribute parts / cash to the cause. Should we do a go-fund-me for his kid? Maybe contact Overhaulin' ?
I remember reading about Andy and his car, Garage Squad would be a perfect fit, thats what they do, come in finish the car with the help of the family. And they love Mopars.
Get in, I'll drive