Main Menu

Another idiot...

Started by anlauto, February 04, 2019, 04:57:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Dang, that's a ton over the limit.  Not sure I would even be alive if I drank that much.

anlauto

This 19 year old kid borrows his friends car and gets caught doing 152 MILES PER HOUR on the highway... https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/ontario-man-caught-driving-246-km-h-on-hwy-403-west-of-toronto-police/ar-BBTcXla?ocid=spartandhp

Loss of license AND car for seven days...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I had my FM3 Challenger going 154MPH in 1980.
Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 05, 2019, 01:21:42 PM
I had my challenger at an indicated speed of 135 and it was just a tad 'floaty'. Started to wander back and forth a bit like an overloaded half ton.
How did it feel at 154?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

CudaMoparRay

Definitely not denying the fact that alcohol and/or drugs really make, especially young people, do crazy and dangerous things.
:drunk:

dodj

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 04, 2019, 05:23:27 PM
Dang, that's a ton over the limit.  Not sure I would even be alive if I drank that much.
I know after a few drinks I'm not driving, but I've often wondered what I would 'blow' on the breathalyzer. Especially when I've had what I consider to much to drink.  Am I at .08? .05? 1.0? Don't really know, but I'm curious.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

My Challenger had a Hemi and it felt real good at 154MPH actually,  It was singing at 7000RPM, I think the extra weight of the Hemi up front led to it feeling glued to the road at that speed. It was dumb to do it on a public highway but there was pretty much no traffic back then.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on February 05, 2019, 01:49:13 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 05, 2019, 01:21:42 PM
I had my challenger at an indicated speed of 135 and it was just a tad 'floaty'. Started to wander back and forth a bit like an overloaded half ton.

I did the same back in the 80's with my first Challenger( over 120mph-speedo stops at 120?) on the way home from trade school in Toronto. Scary and dumb! :whiteflag: :looney: Was on the DVP tried to turn for a corner.... nope, took 3 lanes to make the turn. Next morning I fired it up to go to work and the front u joint broke dropping the driveshaft on the ground. ...... "Someone" was watching out for a dumb kid!