Main Menu

ANOTHER WIW.... 70 CHALLY

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, July 11, 2019, 09:28:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

I get a call today from a bud and fellow car guy (but not specifically a MOPAR guy, altho has ton's of AMC's in his family) Anyway he's telling me about this 70 RT/SE 1 owner Sublime w Black vinyl top 383/4speed car. I'm like what??? I though I knew of all the area E's. 80 something K miles. I guess repainted in the 80's (so I'm sure there's some PILLSBURY in it) Typical bubbly top. Dings , chips, incorrect carb, original owner, redone headliner. I have NOT seen it, this was all on the phone this afternoon. He called for my opinion go figure....   :thinking: The guys wife has seen to many episodes of Barrett Jackson. I was told what he could buy it for and he countered. WIW ?  :notsure:

70chall440

A lot of variables here specifically what is the actual condition, how original is it now, what options did it come with, etc. Example, if the car came with a leather interior, that would affect the value these days, same with a wide variety of available options, the more the more value.
Mopar or no car!!!

Chryco Psycho

I really have no clue to be honest .
But is is one of 400 built , the big problem with SE cars is all the trim etc , it is worth a lot IF it is complete but it gets very expensive fast looking for all of the special trim etc , there is now a repro headliner board available at least

BIGSHCLUNK

One thing I forgot to mention... IT"S RUN & DRIVE  :stayinlane:     And as stated I have not seen it...  I had not time for a looong conversation

70chall440

IMO you are going to need to see it, get some pictures especially of the fender tag as members here will be able to tell you what the car should have and be able to give you a much better idea of value. If you are just looking for a ball park, the sky is the limit; $10 - $20K perhaps.
Mopar or no car!!!

Ed

Where is a repop headliner board ?     Dayclona ?

BIGSHCLUNK

Another thing to inject into the discussion... I asked my buddy any pics?  But he's an old flip phone guy, so no pics. New brakes & exhaust I'm now told. 

RUNCHARGER

4 speed, good colour and it runs and drives, $20k and up.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

At the 10k price, it would have to be missing a lot of pieces and have a lot of rust or other metal damage. I'm thinking no less than 20k if it is complete and drivable.