Main Menu

Any charger guys on here?

Started by cuda hunter, March 07, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I'm going to look at a 74 charger this evening. It's about 30 minutes from the home I'm building.  The guy has been listing it for 10K for a couple of years.  NO bites apparently.
I purchased a 74 charger that didn't run with a 318 for 1500 bucks a few years back.
this guy wants 6900 for this car. 
https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/d/1974-dodge-charger-se/6519534237.html

I know it's not worth 6900 but I figure I can maybe get him to budge on the price.  Especially since the car is from Michigan and probably has waay more rust than what I like to buy.   
What do you guys think? 

1974 Dodge Charger SE with a 318 V-8 engine Automatic. Car runs good, is almost entirely original and is ready for full restoration.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

dodgemania

340challconvert

Looks like a nice car.
Nice bulge hood.
Be aware of extreme rust. (looks decent)
And whittle down the price! You would not re-coop $ if the car needs too much work. :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1 Wild R/T

I'm not sure whether to sign you up for AA (Automobiles Anonymous) or an episode of Hoarders... Seriously you should find one or at least a few to focus on. you need to quit keep dragging them all home....  If you are gonna drag it home I wouldn't par more than half his asking price....

303 Mopar

Chryco Psycho

You should have bought my 71 , perfect body & paint no rust 440 4 spd , could not give it away !
I would not waste my time with that one , the bulge hood is worth 2k , nothing else is valuable at all , iso K frame , no 8 3/4 diff , if I couldn't get 10k for mine you will never resell this one  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 07, 2018, 09:14:22 AM
I'm not sure whether to sign you up for AA (Automobiles Anonymous) or an episode of Hoarders... Seriously you should find one or at least a few to focus on. you need to quit keep dragging them all home....  If you are gonna drag it home I wouldn't par more than half his asking price....

Yeah, I know.  I do have a problem bringing home old rusty dogs. 
I do have one I am focusing on.  It's in Geralds shop in Denver.  The 67.   

I do agree with half his asking price. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: 340challconvert on March 07, 2018, 09:10:04 AM
Looks like a nice car.
Nice bulge hood.
Be aware of extreme rust. (looks decent)
And whittle down the price! You would not re-coop $ if the car needs too much work. :wrenching:

If you look closely on the terrible pictures you can see rust around the rear wheel wells.
Also looks like the drivers door when opened has a part that appears to be see through about 2/3 way down.

I'm afraid of it being a major rust bucket. 

71383bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 07, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
You should have bought my 71 , perfect body & paint no rust 440 4 spd , could not give it away !
I would not waste my time with that one , the bulge hood is worth 2k , nothing else is valuable at all , iso K frame , no 8 3/4 diff , if I couldn't get 10k for mine you will never resell this one  :alan2cents:

Have to agree with Chryco on this one.  The bulge hood is the most valuable thing.  Otherwise its a tired SE that likely needs a lot and at the end of the day wont be worth much.  If it was a true big block car it would be better but its just a 318 on the tree.  It will have the rallye gauges which is nice, but there's a reason its still for sale. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

anlauto

NO...there's no Charger guys allowed here...that's a whole different website :steamingmad: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

I love my 74 Challenger, but i also own a 66 Charger...  I restored both of them.   

In fall of 71 I was 24 years old, and , i bought a new 72 Dodge Charger SE with 318 auto, ps, pb, air, buckets, console...   in B5 Blue (back then they called it Electric Blue) with matching blue vinyl interior...   Loved that car...   wish i still owned it altho my restored 66 with built 383 auto is a blast as well.   Love the rotating headlights and EL dash lighting making it so unique. 

dodj

318 column shift '74?

$1K

If CP couldn't sell a '71 BB for $10k, this will sell, after you do the sheet metal and paint, for $7500 if you are lucky.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

I kick myself in the ass every time I think of Chryco's car.   Man that was bad ass.   

In any case, this car is VERY rusty.   But I couldn't find anything wrong with all 4 frame rails.

Give me a few and I will post some pictures. 

Non matching motor.   Orange paint.  318.  So 70 right?  For orange paint?

Radiator support, vin tag and fender tag all match.  Couldn't find a build sheet but didn't spend much time.

cuda hunter

Fender tag.  White with white top.  318.  I don't have a B decoder.  Are B bodies decoded the same as my 72-74 book for ebodies?

Picture of I believe the drivers side in front of rear tire.

And a picture of the buldge hood.  As you can see the support is falling apart from rust.  I would be worried about rust making it through the air cleaner and getting in my engine as I drive.