Main Menu

Any red T/A owners here?

Started by blown motor, March 10, 2020, 11:54:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I was at a flea market on Sunday and saw this model kit. If you're interested I'll try to get it for you.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Ricomondo

Thanks!, But I have that model already. My friend Scott owns the car that was used to make that model. Mr.Norms car and 4 speed just like mine and @JH27N0B (Brad's TA), all Red, 4 speed and Mr.Norms cars.

Here is the article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/denied-a-test-drive-he-bought-this-1970-dodge-challenger-t-a-anyway%E2%80%9440-years-ago/ar-AAzlUZf#image=AAzlL7v|2

I think I've built that model 4 times, it's fun!
** Is that price $40 US? That model is usually all over ebay for anywhere from $16-$25 US
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

It's too bad they molded that model in some sort of weird metallic red....If they had of just stuck with a bright red plastic it would have been much more accurate  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I have built that model in various degrees of customization 4 times over the decades! I built a model of my car first back when the kit first came out, and the last time I built it, I built it as my car is today!  The first one is interesting when I look at it, I painted the battery white and black to look like the DieHard I had in it then, and made up spark plug wires and painted them blue like my Moroso Blue Max's!
Back around 20 years ago, someone sold resin 1/24 scale rally hoods to use on the Monogram kit.  I bought 2 and wish I'd bought 20!  I used one along with some other aftermarket parts that were available then to build a 71 hemi Challenger.  The other I made a Vanishing Point replica.
I also built one up customized to look like the 77 Posey race car.
I still have 6 or 7 of the kits sitting around, I sort of doubt I'll ever build them all.

JS29

blown motor

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 10, 2020, 02:47:01 PM
I have built that model in various degrees of customization 4 times over the decades! I built a model of my car first back when the kit first came out, and the last time I built it, I built it as my car is today!  The first one is interesting when I look at it, I painted the battery white and black to look like the DieHard I had in it then, and made up spark plug wires and painted them blue like my Moroso Blue Max's!
Back around 20 years ago, someone sold resin 1/24 scale rally hoods to use on the Monogram kit.  I bought 2 and wish I'd bought 20!  I used one along with some other aftermarket parts that were available then to build a 71 hemi Challenger.  The other I made a Vanishing Point replica.
I also built one up customized to look like the 77 Posey race car.
I still have 6 or 7 of the kits sitting around, I sort of doubt I'll ever build them all.

$40 Canadian plus our wonderful 13% tax here in Ontario.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JH27N0B

I just checked I have 6 unbuilt ones, between Monagram and Revell after they took over Monogram and reissued it. Last one I got was at a cruise, I was driving in and a guy yelled hey Challenger!  I stopped and he walked over and handed me a T/A kit and said I hoped I'd see a Challenger here to give away this kit.  :D
I better get motivated to get back building!  I have thought of trying to modify one to make a shaker hemi, and maybe build a few more stock including my holy grail, a triple black T/A!
I also have dozens of other unbuilt model cars and trucks.  I wish I had the time to get back in gear.
Last model I built was a Dodge tow truck a few years ago.  In the mid 90s I saw a Dodge 3500 dually Ram kit, and a Chevy tow truck kit at the store.  I bought them both thinking I could kit bash them to make a Dodge tow truck.  Only took me a little over 20 years to get on that.  I will not live long enough to build these models....

anlauto

I have likely over 60 unbuilt Mopar model kits....and not enough lifetime left  :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Maybe if you spent less time on the computer, you would have time to assemble your model's  :pokeeye:  :haha:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2020, 07:50:51 PM
I have likely over 60 unbuilt Mopar model kits....and not enough lifetime left  :crying:

That's why I buy them finished  as diecast now! Too lazy and not enough patience left!  :haha:

bentpshrods

I am still building my models/dioramas.   In the winter I go on reduced hours so I have been building about 1 kit a week or two. The price of models here have shot up to around $30.00 a kit. The revell T/A kits can still be found for about $22.00 so I have been stocking up when I find them.  Got  about 10 in the stash now. One of my favorites.  Had to build some more shelves as I'm running out of room in my man cave.  Might have to sell some to make more room.       :(