Main Menu

Anybody Know Anything about a bodies

Started by ToxicWolf, July 18, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

Yes, I know its not an e-body.  I just traded some parts for a car that looks like it was an original 6cyl made into a duster.  Got it really cheap.  Just wondering if anyone here knew anything about these a-body cars.  I've added some pictures. Much thanks for your understanding and any input you may have.

Bpret

Nice ride I would like it better in the original vitamin C but the engine and trans conversion are a plus. Just drive it and enjoy. A bodies are cool cars and if your six feet or more you will actually fit in it.

Bpret

Is it a 340? Did they replace the rear also 8.75 if it's got the six cylinder rear you will blow it up. It has the 340 exhaust manifolds also those aren't cheap.

Brads70

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Bpret on July 18, 2018, 04:46:43 PM
Is it a 340? Did they replace the rear also 8.75 if it's got the six cylinder rear you will blow it up. It has the 340 exhaust manifolds also those aren't cheap.

I think it's a 360 but I'm not sure yet.  I drove it 45 minutes to get home and it ran perfectly. Very strong.  I think it has a racing clutch in it.  Took me a few shifts to get used to it.  Transmission feels good and it handled much better than I was expecting.  :banana:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Bpret on July 18, 2018, 04:40:45 PM
Nice ride I would like it better in the original vitamin C but the engine and trans conversion are a plus. Just drive it and enjoy. A bodies are cool cars and if your six feet or more you will actually fit in it.

I would like the original color better too.  :waving:

b5cuda

Nice car!  340 or 360 in an a-body is a great package.  Can be made to handle very well with easy suspension upgrades.  If it's got front drums, '73-76 a-body disc brakes are a bolt in swap. 

ToxicWolf

Quote from: b5cuda on July 18, 2018, 05:27:56 PM
Nice car!  340 or 360 in an a-body is a great package.  Can be made to handle very well with easy suspension upgrades.  If it's got front drums, '73-76 a-body disc brakes are a bolt in swap.

Front disc brakes are on my safety restoration list. Currently all are drum.

6bblgt

got a broadcast sheet?  the "D" prefix on the VON should represent a "DRIVER'S EDUCATION" unit  :stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Cool little car. I agree that a 340-360, 4 speed A-body is just fun to drive.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

72 Challenger

I am kind of envious.

I really like e-bodies, and my dream car is a Challenger T/A, BUT I really want to own an a-body.

They look cool and fun, I walk by them at the car show and really want to know how they are to drive. Since I can only own one Mopar at a time, this one has to go - after I fix a few small items!

I am holding out for a 71-72 Demon, patiently.
Someday I will have a J0b.

ToxicWolf

I haven't found a broadcast sheet yet.  I'll pull the seats out eventually and check. Just a fun toy.  :stayinlane:

Flatdad

Nice! Those must have been some special car parts to trade for a car like that! What did you trade? NOS quarter panels? Gold plated cuda parts? 1 Hemi block?

JS29

I like the pistol grip they put in there. Could never figure out why they didn't install them from the factory in the A body's!!!