Main Menu

Anyone else collect Diecast Mopars?

Started by Brads70, February 24, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

JH27N0B

Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2023, 02:53:58 PM
Quote from: blown motor on November 29, 2023, 01:30:20 PMLove the Grand Spaulding showroom @Brads70  That is super cool. Is that still available somewhere?

Yes but price is higher than what I paid ( preordered months ago)
https://www.118scalemusclecars.com/
I ordered one recently from Larry Weiner of Performance West.  He is the one who partnered up with Mr Norm years ago to sell sales paperwork and dealer memorabilia plus new Mr Norms cars. And worked on this dealer model development. He includes a packet of vintage photos and invoices with the dealership model so that's cool.  Also when I talked to him he said he's working on a model of the dealership sign and corner grand and Spaulding street sign to display with the dealership model so that will be cool too.
Sadly when I assembled my model something was missing, my side walls!
I just emailed Larry hopefully he'll send me replacement walls!

Brads70

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 17, 2024, 02:53:10 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2023, 02:53:58 PM
Quote from: blown motor on November 29, 2023, 01:30:20 PMLove the Grand Spaulding showroom @Brads70  That is super cool. Is that still available somewhere?

Yes but price is higher than what I paid ( preordered months ago)
I ordered one recently from Larry Weiner of Performance West.  He is the one who partnered up with Mr Norm years ago to sell sales paperwork and dealer memorabilia plus new Mr Norms cars. And worked on this dealer model development. He includes a packet of vintage photos and invoices with the dealership model so that's cool.  Also when I talked to him he said he's working on a model of the dealership sign and corner grand and Spaulding street sign to display with the dealership model so that will be cool too.

Well that would be disappointing for sure! You could also try John Fox if that doesn't work out for you?
 here
https://www.facebook.com/118scalemusclecars

JH27N0B

Thanks, I'm hoping Larry gets back to me and helps me out with the problem with my order.
But if not I'll try contacting John Fox.

captcolour

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 17, 2024, 02:53:10 PMI ordered one recently from Larry Weiner of Performance West.  He is the one who partnered up with Mr Norm years ago to sell sales paperwork and dealer memorabilia plus new Mr Norms cars. And worked on this dealer model development. He includes a packet of vintage photos and invoices with the dealership model so that's cool.  Also when I talked to him he said he's working on a model of the dealership sign and corner grand and Spaulding street sign to display with the dealership model so that will be cool too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much through Larry and how do you contact him?

JH27N0B

Quote from: captcolour on February 18, 2024, 06:33:09 AM
Quote from: JH27N0B on February 17, 2024, 02:53:10 PMI ordered one recently from Larry Weiner of Performance West.  He is the one who partnered up with Mr Norm years ago to sell sales paperwork and dealer memorabilia plus new Mr Norms cars. And worked on this dealer model development. He includes a packet of vintage photos and invoices with the dealership model so that's cool.  Also when I talked to him he said he's working on a model of the dealership sign and corner grand and Spaulding street sign to display with the dealership model so that will be cool too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much through Larry and how do you contact him?
Larry responded to my email last night and said he'd take care of the missing side walls problem.  :bradsthumb:
The price was $189.99 I believe, plus shipping.  Before Xmas I saw some on eBay priced as low as $159.00. I was buried in bills and not in a hurry so figured I'd wait until after the holidays to pursue buying one.  But when I checked last month the few still listed on eBay were over $200.
So Larry's deal seemed good plus the packet of vintage promo photos and blank vintage Mr Norms invoices and letterhead papers he included is a cool bonus.
Here is a link to his website:
http://www.mrnorms.com/new/Accessories/Accessories.html
Now I have a some extra time while waiting for my sidewalls to figure out where to display my model.  And what to put in the showroom along with a 1:18 red T/A model similar to my Norms T/A.  I have a 70 Swinger 340 model that would be nice, and a black 70 Charger R/T model I've seen for sale might be cool.

1973Cuda

Big and small

JH27N0B

Just to follow up, I emailed Larry about the missing side walls in my Mr Norms Kit last weekend, and the new walls showed up by UPS Thursday.  :bradsthumb:
I ordered a 70 Charger RT model yesterday so my dealership model should have a cool trio of Scat Pack cars in it next week.  :D  A diecast of a close representation of my Mr Norms T/A is front and center of course.

Rich G.