Main Menu

Arizona junkyards ??

Started by cuda hunter, March 06, 2020, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: Wedg2Go on March 30, 2020, 04:53:48 PM
In regards to the yard I mentioned: Yes, north of Tucson, but I am wondering if he was referencing Desert Valley in Casa Grande. Not real sure, but it seems it was another yard.
Dessert valley called their mopar yard the black canyon casa yard? Something like that. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Wedg2Go

Re: The bell story.

There's this mechanic, in AZ, that specializes in Harleys. We've known each other since the formation of our car club. That's been some time ago.

Needless to say, he owns a Harley (or did since it has been awhile I talked to him). One day, when I went to see him, I noticed a bell tied to his frame. I thought it was odd and made some sort of wise crack about it. Here's the story behind it:

https://www.bikebandit.com/blog/the-legend-of-the-gremlin-bell-a-bikers-tradition

Now Phoenix is no Salida.  Be real careful when your traveling around the valley (Phoenix in general). Most drivers there simply don't look out for bikers and that bell story, as superstitious as it is, carries a little more meaning to Harley owners (Have time? Google it! I am sure it will put a smile on your face).

At one time I seriously thought about tying one on my Challenger. I need all the help I can get! LOL!

Now -

I just placed a phone call to a buddy of mine in Phoenix. From what he told me the other yard I mentioned is closer to Marana (north of Tucson). He told me when he was there last - 10 years ago - it was pretty much picked clean and most was pre 60s. Unfortunately, he couldn't recall the name of the yard as well (We're all getting old). Then he also informed me that Desert Valley had three locations in the counties and two didn't have their special use permit to operate. They were only doing business by internet. Which two he didn't know. Add to this that two locations were only specializing in certain years and the third location was only trucks.

There you have it!!!

cuda hunter

Cool story.  I've seen them many times, just never asked what it's about. 
thanks for posting it up. 

RUNCHARGER

I still see lots of tin down there but it's in small towns off the interstates, everyone watches B.J. on T.V. though and they "know what it's worth".
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Yeah, since 06 when B.J. went online it's changed the pricing of metal in remote places forever.
I've pretty much given up on finding a second gen charger because everybody I ever ask thinks they are all worth 30K minimum.
Quite ridiculous. 

I don't plan on using the interstate.  I like back roads.  I use back roads on most of my trips. Until I'm hauling a rust bucket home then I use the I's.