Main Menu

Bad sad day

Started by dvldwg89, September 28, 2022, 05:32:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Uggg, that sucks! Looks like they were in that garage and got washed out? Daytona looks to have the rear window washed/blown out...  salt water too.    :headbang:
I wonder why the owner didn't move the cars? Lots of warning?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Wow that's terrifying! Sad to see.
With those wing cars, what would be the best action to save them? Strip them down asap and dip them to get rid of the effects of the salt water?  :notsure:

dvldwg89

Found out that on the north end of pine island only a 3 ft surge. That means my house didn't flood. It's all concrete and hurricane roof. Hopefully the Cuda rode it out safe in the garage. Won't know for awhile as the bridges are out. Rescue comes first of course. Save as many as they can. Plus Arial view will come in soon so I can see what damage was done by wind. House was built to withstand a cat 4 hurricane. I sure hope it did. People in bokeelia are posting that the damage up there isn't that bad. I sure hope so

JH27N0B

Quote from: Brads70 on September 29, 2022, 02:59:32 PM
Uggg, that sucks! Looks like they were in that garage and got washed out? Daytona looks to have the rear window washed/blown out...  salt water too.    :headbang:
I saw a picture on another site those 2 car were up on 4 post lifts. There was another Daytona and a roadrunner parked below that supposedly did get moved. The 2 other wing cars were 6 feet up on the lifts but still got washed out of the garage! That is a huge storm surge!!

MKA

The news here was talking about storm surge of 10 to 12 feet.   For a Cat 4 that sounds conservative.   Maybe they ran out of time and did what they could but 6 feet was a gamble.  Don't see how they had 6 feet lift in those garages anyway.

You can have a house here that will withstand a cat 4 / 5.  The building codes since Andrew are very good but even a Cat 1 can flood the ground floor with everything in it.   As people found out with super storm Sandy in NY, was  there for that one too.   The overall size and track speed are more important than the wind speed.   Ian was a monster in size and slow.  Add on 150 mph winds, just wow.

The other problem is insurance.  Flood is a separate policy and maximum coverage is only 250K.   The home policy covers wind up to full value, but it's usually the flood that does the catastrophic damage.

dvldwg89

Yep that why I'm glad my house didn't flood

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 29, 2022, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on September 29, 2022, 02:59:32 PM
I saw a picture on another site those 2 car were up on 4 post lifts. There was another Daytona and a roadrunner parked below that supposedly did get moved. The 2 other wing cars were 6 feet up on the lifts but still got washed out of the garage! That is a huge storm surge!!
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

Looking closer it appears there was 2 Superbirds and two Daytonas in that garage.
Hopefully the other 2 were moved to safe ground and the two washed off the lifts can be restored!

Bullitt-

this clip freaked me out***********

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

MKA

Perhaps they floated in front of the house where the pic was taken.  Doesn't seem to be the same garage.

I thought that house was a townhome but that's a single residence.  Wow.  Nice home and you can see the gulf thru the garage.  Not sure if that's by design or it had the knockdown flood walls.

anlauto

MKA

I feel bad for those that had no other options and rode it out with a prayer.   I feel bad for those out of town that could only sit and watch.  And even now can't get back in to know one way or the other.

I may not know the whole story and I hate to pile on, but I don't feel bad for this guy.  He had the availability and the means to get himself and the cars out of harms way and he said eh let's post on instagram.   Meanwhile everyone's insurance premiums will reflect his lack of responsibility.   he will get reimbursed 100% for cars that are replaceable.   I don't wish him ill but I do wish he had some level of responsibility even if he has no class.