Main Menu

Baseball's over... for our team

Started by J-Code Jeni, October 01, 2018, 10:50:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

J-Code Jeni

It's October 1st and another season of Mariner's baseball is in the books. Our Closer, Diaz, finished with 57 saves, the Team had 89 wins but, the Mariner's managed to keep a much sadder statistic going too- the longest post-season drought in America's four major professional sports. (sigh) Still, @Cuda Cody & I managed to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to Seattle 5 times this season to cheer them on and had a BLAST doing it! And, we'll get 'em next year! :D Thought I would share two pics from the final game we attended on Saturday, September 29th; we had terrific seats (third baseman, Seager, is behind us) and the Mariner's illuminated 'THANKS' to their fans in lights behind 2nd base- classy way to close down Safeco Field if you ask me!  :clapping: 

Who else's baseball season is through? What records did your team achieve but, still fall short?

Any picks for the World Series this year?

303 Mopar

My Rockies are causing me more stress than they should be.  They had a shot at the NL West twice and blew it both times.  Now on to Chicago for the Wildcard game today, and if we are lucky enough to win we get to play the hottest team in baseball the Brewers.   :Thud:

Here is how I feel with my Hometown Pirates,

https://youtu.be/jF5hfc0jYpU

J-Code Jeni

Nerve-wracking to say the least, @303 Mopar ! Best of luck to your Rockies!

That video is hilarious, @73440 and I can relate. My favorite line is (said angrily) "...162 games and they all matter!"

Topcat

Remember when I mentioned earlier on FB, here come the A's and their in your rear view mirror?  @J-Code Jeni ?   :pokeeye:

They are called Hero Town now.   :perfect10:

superdave

I'm from the Kansas City  area so, Royals.... I heard during the game Sunday that they had 7 wins in the first two months of the season. It's been over for a while. :crying:   :) Wit Marrifield did set an MLB record for hits and stolen bases. 8)

J-Code Jeni

:haha:  :tired: Thanks for the reminder, @Topcat ! Seriously, it's been impressive to see what the A's have been able to do this season with the 28th lowest payroll in the League. We'll be cheering for the A's tomorrow night!

It's 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th with your Rockies on top, @303 Mopar ... this... could... happen!!  :fingerscrossed:

Nice record for Wit Marrifield! I love speed! The Mariner's have had Dee Gordon on their team this year and he's been my favorite- love to see him steal bases, beat throws to 1st & distract pitchers!

Topcat

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on October 02, 2018, 07:22:57 PM
:haha:  :tired: Thanks for the reminder, @Topcat ! Seriously, it's been impressive to see what the A's have been able to do this season with the 28th lowest payroll in the League. We'll be cheering for the A's tomorrow night!

It's 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th with your Rockies on top, @303 Mopar ... this... could... happen!!  :fingerscrossed:

Nice record for Wit Marrifield! I love speed! The Mariner's have had Dee Gordon on their team this year and he's been my favorite- love to see him steal bases, beat throws to 1st & distract pitchers!

Thanks Jeni.

And some hot news I just saw...

NHL commission is going forward to start a new Hockey team in Seattle.

Spikedog08

Yep the Detroit Tigers are done as well . . Didn't get to many games this year, only one.  Typically we get to at least 3 or 4 . .

Not sure we have any records, maybe the most players on the disabled list?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Morty426

The San Francisco Giants had a rough year.  Today Larry Baer the co-owner sent out a nice letter.  He noted that our season opening roster only played together 4 games.  They are now looking for a new GM. 

Spring training can't get here soon enough. 

Topcat

The A's will strike down upon on thee Yankees tonight with Great Vengeance. For they who walk thru the dirty Stadium shall fear no evil. We are with thee, your bat and ball they comfort us. For thy is the Kingdom. the ALDS winners! Amen!   :crazytalk:

J-Code Jeni

Quote from: Topcat on October 03, 2018, 06:54:21 AM
The A's will strike down upon on thee Yankees tonight with Great Vengeance. For they who walk thru the dirty Stadium shall fear no evil. We are with thee, your bat and ball they comfort us. For thy is the Kingdom. the ALDS winners! Amen!   :crazytalk:

:rofl: Amen.

303 Mopar

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on October 02, 2018, 07:22:57 PM

What a great game last night, just old school baseball!  I got tickets for my son and me for Sunday's game here in Denver, first playoff game for both of us.  BTW, I still have 2007 WS Game 5 tickets for sale.   :bricks:

Morty426

Quote from: Topcat on October 03, 2018, 06:54:21 AM

Here are my three favorite teams

1.  Giants
2.  Whoever is playing the Dodgers
3.  Whoever is playing the Yankees

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: 73440 on October 02, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
Here is how I feel with my Hometown Pirates,

https://youtu.be/jF5hfc0jYpU

OHH, how I know your pain.

I'm just stunned that the Pirates finished above 500. There seems some promise on the pitching staff, but until Nutting wants to spend money to get a big bat or two into the line up, we are left with just hoping to finish above the Reds next year.    ::)