Main Menu

Best compliment ever !!

Started by Racer57, May 08, 2022, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I live in Charleston Illinois. Home of Eastern Illinois University. Tony Romo, Jimmy Garoppolo and Sean Payton were QBs here.   :D 
Anyway, there is about 10,000 students and I've never seen any of them even notice my 70 Cuda. After all, its probably older than their parents. Today an Asian kid with a very very heavy accent pulled up next to me and said  "DUDE !  That car is SICK !! "   That was 6 hours ago and I'm still smiling !  :D

dodj

Cool!
With my Challenger I usually get "Nice car, is that a Charger?"
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

chargerdon

Getting compliments about your classic car is wonderful !!!   I get them all the time with my FC7 74 challenger, that color is such an eye catcher with its white interior.   I cant get gas at a station without someone saying wow...great looking car...whats in it a Hemi ?  LOL 

Yes, i also get a lot of is that a Charger question... 

moparroy

Nice - yes that always makes your day.
Related story - one time when I was down for Carlisle Nats (so that means at least 2 years ago  :() I stopped in town to go to a bank machine. At the corner where I parked and crossed the street there was a group of girls from the college in town. A late 60's Charger rumbled by. I heard one of them say to the others "why are there so many strange cars in town this weekend". Obviously not brought up properly in Mopar etiquette.

340Challman

Quote from: Racer57 on May 08, 2022, 07:57:54 PM
I live in Charleston Illinois. Home of Eastern Illinois University. Tony Romo, Jimmy Garoppolo and Sean Payton were QBs here.   :D 
Anyway, there is about 10,000 students and I've never seen any of them even notice my 70 Cuda. After all, its probably older than their parents. Today an Asian kid with a very very heavy accent pulled up next to me and said  "DUDE !  That car is SICK !! "   That was 6 hours ago and I'm still smiling !  :D

I'm from Edwardsville. When I retire and move back there (in a couple years) we should get together and cruise. It's great to have the younger generation appreciate our rides. Enjoy!
Kevin

cudamadd

This one time was a little crazy. The passenger in the vehicle in front of me jumped up through the sunroof of there car and started talking photos , of my cuda  as I sat behind them . Most people down here in Australia don't know what it is .So I get this . And they usely say.( WHAT the  ). or nice charger . I try not to have too much eye contact when I am next to other drivers or when I my driving her ,because left hand driving can be a challenge some times .   :australia:

blown motor

I parked along the river in town a couple weeks ago. A buddy drives by in Cuda so I followed him. He pulled over so I pulled in behind him and we get out to talk. A car full of young'uns goes by and somebody yells out Wow! SEXYYY! We weren't sure they meant s or the cars.  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

318Stroker

Quote from: dodj on May 09, 2022, 03:56:39 AM
Cool!
With my Challenger I usually get "Nice car, is that a Charger?"

I've had my 73 Challenger since 73. If I had a dollar for every time it was called a Charger, I could retire... :D

johnr

:)   It is really nice to know that some things don't change with the different generations.
--  johnr  --

Mopsquad

My '65 Mustang fastback gets tons of hits from the kids, the Barracuda rarely gets any reaction.  Need to get more E-bodies in video games and in hero movies.

johnr

More of these younger peoples need to see Vanishing Point.
--  johnr  --