Main Menu

The value of $$$$ today

Started by RJChallenger, April 29, 2020, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

Back in the summer of 1981 or 82, I bought my first A66 challenger for the sum of $250. Although that may seem low, it had no motor or transmission. That was ok because the old man had a gas station and I had a motor/transmission waiting for a good home. Today, I bought two inner wheelhouses for the same car. They cost me $225 plus taxes. Now I know what grandpa meant when he said the dollar doesn't go as far as it used to.

JS29

I hear that! From cars and trucks to house's to every thing else!!!!!  :headbang:

Chryco Psycho

now you can easily pay 2500 for just a Dana diff over 1/2 the value of an E body !!
I can't remember the exact cost of the Dana option but I think it was $60 approx when you ordered the car new !!

7E-Bodies

I bought a headliner and a vinyl top for my current project (from SMS) and paid more than I did for 6 of my now 9 e bodies. And most were street ready and looking good.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

In 1979 I was in San Diego California, and bought a 1970 Challenger R/T. 383 4-speed, $800.00 dollars.  :yes:                                                                                                         ,