Main Menu

Brock Yates

Started by Chryco Psycho, November 17, 2019, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

:burnout:
SO I have a question , I have seen pictures of the yellow 72 Chall he used for the cannonball , but some pix have the black vinyl roof & others don't .
Anyone know which one he used ? Maybe he had more than one & ran them more than once .
The coolest idea had to be the Dodge ambulance he used !

dodj

I've never seen a yellow one, but there appear to be at least two white Challengers used by Yates.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

340challconvert

Always a fun movie :stayinlane:
Archive Information:
Reviews the Challengers that competed
https://www.cottonowens.com/archives/Cannonball_Run.php

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

Cool artical , Thanks for that  :twothumbsup:
Not sure why I thought it was a yellow Challenger , maybe faded black & white photos looking more yellowed .
A different era for sure , I would have loved to run it once !!

dodj

Quite the fuel cell in the boot.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

I guess I was just old enough to compete in the last one if I had know how to register to  do it  :thinking:

dodj

Organizing a race across Panama wouldn't have the same allure..
First place....... 45 minutes.....

Chryco Psycho

as I recall I was living in AB in 78 !!
Panama would be a short run , I can do it legally in 50 mins !!

dodj

Hmmmm...thinner country than I thought

JS29

He stated legally! What is the speed limit? I don't know if it still is, but in Montana it was as fast as you could keep your vehicle under control.  :driving: 

Chryco Psycho

the Canal is 50 miles / 80 km entry to exit , the land is narrower yet as the canal entry is approx 5 miles offshore the speed limit is 110km / 69 MPH most of the way across , so the land is maybe 42 miles across but it is a lot of jungle & water so not really a straight line

dodj

I watched the Cannonball Run movie again last night. You can see Brock's white Challenger in the parking lot at the start of the race, even though it was not featured in the movie.
Made me feel kinda old though. Most of the big name actors in the movie have passed.

dodj

Old thread but saw on the net that the cannonball record has been beaten during the 'stay at home' rules. Apparently empty streets made for perfect cannonballing.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32092440/26-hour-38-minute-cannonball-record-coronavirus/

Chryco Psycho

True down to 26 hrs now ! average speed over 100 mph

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 26, 2020, 10:03:13 AM
True down to 26 hrs now ! average speed over 100 mph
Maybe that PCP RTSE of yours needs to give it a try?