Main Menu

Can you identify these parts?

Started by CudaJim, September 07, 2022, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaJim

Ok, going through stuff, I found these Chrysler starters- one is also a Bosch- these aren't e-body, in fact I have no idea what they are for.  I picked them up with some legit muscle parts years ago and they got packed away.  At first I thought maybe 1968 manual hemi or taxi cab direct drive starters, but I think not.  The part numbers are outside my parts book ranges, maybe late 1970's or early 1980's?  What the heck are these starters for?    Thanks for the help!

Mr Cuda

CudaJim

After more research, I think they may be for late 70's Plymouth Sapporo/Dodge Colt/'78 Dodge Challenger or the small import trucks.  Could also be marine, I don't know for sure. Thanks for the read, sorry to waste anyone's time on non-E body stuff...

Jay Bee

Post up the numbers on them. Maybe some "detective" might be interested.

CudaJim

For the detectives out there, stamped in starters:

Starter on left: Chrysler Corporation   5206260     some other numbers     Bosch    Made in Germany

Starter on right:  Ducellier    534043A   12V   F3    Made in France

Jay Bee

Here's one - I Googled: Mopar 5206260. Did a screenshot in case the ad goes down.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/314082114851?hash=item4920c0bd23:g:ebsAAOSwg2di2vrM&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

Jay Bee

CudaJim

@Jay Bee

Thanks Jay Bee, interesting.  I feel a little foolish, I should have googled the numbers myself - duh.  I think I've been breathing too much solvent the last few days wiping grease off old parts and not thinking straight.

Again, sorry to waste people's time.  At least I found out one of the starters is 'extremely rare' !

Thanks again!

Jay Bee

You're welcome. Don't feel foolish or think you're wasting anyone's time. You never know where you'll find an answer.
As for "extremely rare" (lol) maybe because it's NOS (more lol). I often recall something to the effect; A 300 lb hooker with a glass eye and wooden leg is rare but is that desirable or in demand.

CudaJim

Agree! (I was being sarcastic above)- maybe rare, but not in demand!  Thanks again!