Main Menu

Car storage renovation

Started by blown motor, July 16, 2019, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

As many of you know I've sold the farm and retired. The new owners want me to stay in the house because good tenants are hard to find. They have offered to renovate 1/3 of the equipment storage shed to make better storage for my cars. All I have to do is pay the rent. The area will be 48x36. Renovation includes removal and replacement of broken cement floor. New floor will have 2" of styrofoam insulation under it. A dividing wall and ceiling will go in. It will be fully insulated and the current sliding door will be replaced with an overhead door. It will have radiant tube heaters and ceiling fans. The floor is prepped for concrete which will go in this week.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

witherwithout

Wow!!!  Congratulations, on retiring, and the awesome car space.  Seems like a win, win situation.  Wishing you all the best.

RUNCHARGER

Nice: I'm not a fan of radiant heat but it's better than being cold.
Sheldon

Brads70

I's almost "hide bodies" for that much space!  :rofl:  Enjoy!
:idea:  looks like you need to go shopping as you still have room!  :haha:

jimynick

Quote from: Brads70 on July 16, 2019, 05:58:39 PM
I's almost "hide bodies" for that much space!  :rofl:  Enjoy!
:idea:  looks like you need to go shopping as you still have room!  :haha:

Don't worry Brad; if someone came along with a nice, black SuperBee with a red tail stripe, the old farmer may get the "itch" again! Eh, Murray?  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

Are you doing an overlay or are you tearing out the old concrete? 

Why don't you like heated concrete? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Plumcrazy72

Good call going through on it, your cars will appreciate the dry storage area after this. 
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

blown motor

The old concrete came out. I asked for in floor heat but they didn't go for it. They have a couple tube heaters on hand so they want to use them. I don't own the building so I don't have much say. It will still be much better than what I've had.

cuda hunter

I bet that was some easy concrete to remove. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

That's going to be nice. That's a pretty good setup for you.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

Wow Murray, thats gonna be great! I could only wish to have that kind of space.  :ohyeah:

340challconvert

Nice all around; congrats on the retirement and enjoy the up-graded storage for your toys! :banana:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

nsmall

I am so happy for you.  Sounds like a perfect storm.  And whats the best, you dont have to pack up and move.

Chryco Psycho

That is a great situation for you Murray  :bradsthumb:

blown motor

The floor got poured yesterday. 5" of fibre mesh concrete over 2" of foam insulation.