Main Menu

Charger, Challenger, 300 continuing through 2024

Started by Poolshark314, October 22, 2020, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Poolshark314

1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

CudaMoparRay

Who knows what the heck they mean by derivatives but unrealistically still hoping for a Barracuda 'Cuda look at least. This time not holding my breath  :verymad:  :rofl:

Poolshark314

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 22, 2020, 04:31:38 PM
Who knows what the heck they mean by derivatives but unrealistically still hoping for a Barracuda 'Cuda look at least. This time not holding my breath  :verymad:  :rofl:

Yeah I saw they also trademarked the 'Cuda name, but they have done that a couple times since 2010 as well... :fingerscrossed:
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

MEK-Dangerous

There are enough trim levels of the modern Challenger and Charger. If by "derivatives", they are looking at hybrids, or electric cars, I'm out.

7212Mopar

Hybrid can be setup like the European supercars to take advantage of instant torque from electric motors to maximize acceleration from a stop. Let the ICE takeover after car is moving. That will be the best way to take care of those pesky Tesla all electric cars. Problem is the new Challenger is already very heavy and I doubt FCA will throw money like this on an old platform. Hoping the next generation Challenger will be smaller and less bulky, back to around the size and proportion of the E body and below 3500 pounds. Also hoping the next gen Viper will come soon.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: 7212Mopar on October 23, 2020, 01:17:27 PM
Hybrid can be setup like the European supercars to take advantage of instant torque from electric motors to maximize acceleration from a stop. Let the ICE takeover after car is moving. That will be the best way to take care of those pesky Tesla all electric cars. Problem is the new Challenger is already very heavy and I doubt FCA will throw money like this on an old platform. Hoping the next generation Challenger will be smaller and less bulky, back to around the size and proportion of the E body and below 3500 pounds. Also hoping the next gen Viper will come soon.

That would be great either way.  :burnout: