Main Menu

Chryco car warmer

Started by blown motor, October 21, 2020, 12:28:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: Dakota on October 22, 2020, 08:52:21 AM
Saw this on eBay.  NEMCO is currently a manufacturer of food handling equipment including electric food warming trays, so I'd guess that the Chryco one originally pictured is a NEMCO unit that was relabled.   The two heaters have the same CSA approval number on their labels.

Can't help on the vintage, but it's maybe a little more info.

Mostly, I'm trying to keep our Canadian friends from beating up on each other too much.   Pretty soon hockey sticks and beer will be involved. :pokeeye:

nah...we just bust the chops of the people we like!   Not much else to do these days as the weather turns cold.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

Mostly, I'm trying to keep our Canadian friends from beating up on each other too much.   Pretty soon hockey sticks and beer will be involved. :pokeeye:

And we mustn't forget the Canadian Coke for Alan.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Saw this on eBay.  NEMCO is currently a manufacturer of food handling equipment including electric food warming trays, so I'd guess that the Chryco one originally pictured is a NEMCO unit that was relabled.   The two heaters have the same CSA approval number on their labels.

Good find Warren. I think you're right about it being a relabeled unit. It's kind of a cool old unit in a way although I think it pre-dates the stuff I usually pick up. The seller was asking $80, then marked it down to $40.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Sounds like he's getting warmer  :D. As for the comment about Canadians, beer and hockey sticks.....yeah, so?  :cheers: Hockey without beer is just exercise, and who the hell would want to do that? We get enough of that between working on our old clunkers and shovelling snow in the winter. AND, no more cheap shots about your seniors from the peanut gallery in Georgetown, eh?  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Quote from: Cudajason on October 22, 2020, 09:17:30 AM

nah...we just bust the chops of the people we like!   Not much else to do these days as the weather turns cold.

Weather turns cold along with the jokes.

Could it be a form of block warmer for the winter months?
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.