Main Menu

Classic Cars lost at Paradise, CA. Fire

Started by Topcat, November 14, 2018, 11:49:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

I live in a fire prone area. I always try to make sure all the cars have plenty of gas and are not blocked in. I get real nervous, when one of them is not running. We've had two evacs, since I have lived there. Thoughts and prayers certainly go out to those folks.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

tparker

I drove through Santa Rosa after they had their huge fire last year and saw a couple 65ish mustangs that were charred. It would be sad except the magnitude of the utter devastation kinda muted my sympathies for the car.

Haggerty Insurance has visited the Capitol City Mopar club a few times and one of the last times they mentioned their fire policy. They were talking about having the resources that could actually get in there and move cars. They've had cases where the owner was not in town or had too many cars to move by themselves. Makes sense to pay a few people a wage to drive and move the cars rather than payout the insurance. I thought that was a cool service.

Tom

torredcuda

I came close to losing my Barracuda along with my garage which had my `70 road runner project and my `76 W100 project, tools, engines and more from my little fuel leak, can`t imagine losing your home and ALL your property. Unfortunately fire is the one thing that can make a car un-restorable due to the metal fatique from the heat.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Topcat

There was a fire up the Santa Cruz mountains today a distance from @floorit426 today.

Wasn't in his vicinity but enough to put people on edge.
Luckily, they got it pretty much out by now.

The air is so bad here, that almost all schools are closed and people are advised to stay indoors as much as possible.  :whiteflag:
Stores are running out of air filter masks.

Cudajason

very sad.  I am truly sorry for all the people affected by this.

Fire is my biggest fear...it can do so much damage so quickly. 

I would imagine loosing your classic car is just salt in to wound after loosing everything else.

I hope they can get these under control soon!

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

HP_Cuda

Well Floorit426 if it comes to it you can park that Hemi in my garage.

:D
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

IRON MAN

The Camp Fire/Paradise Fire is as tragic as it gets. A city of 29,000 devastated, destroyed, and obliterated. It is a sad tragedy and unfortunate scenario.  My prayers go out to them. I hope the Red Cross and FEMA come to their aid  quickly.

Topcat

Last report I heard was 52,000 people displaced. 1100 missing, 71 dead. 9,000 + structures destroyed.

floorit426

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 17, 2018, 04:32:44 PM

Well Floorit426 if it comes to it you can park that Hemi in my garage.

:D

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Do I have to leave the keys, with you?? ::)

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Flatdad

I shouldn't have looked at that collection in the hot rod magazine link... my heart sank seeing that Hudson Italia in there.    :crying:

Topcat

Just came across this.

There are quite a few pics coming in lately.

HUSTLESTUFF

My friend Edd and his wife Pat lost their record holding /6 demon and a 66 Belvedere he was restoring, as well as his enclosed trailer. Belvedere was painted black and he was just starting to assemble it.  All parts restored, seats covered engine/trans builtnew wilwoods, etc.  You can't even see the shell in the pic of garage. No insurance on race car or project.  http://www.pacefabrication.net/Drag_Racing_101.html  He's 76 and she's 80.  They got out with her Tahoe and their RV which is parked in my yard as we speak.  Another /6 racer lost his 11 car collection and another friend lost 20 cars including 60's 911, 63 corvette, 90's ZR1 corvette 69 valiant and a bunch of early hemi race motors.  The 57 Race car was a friend too, his daughter's battling cancer.  Last month I bought a 69 Valiant race car that Edd and a friend built in the 90's.  If I hadn't bought it it would be gone too.

These guys don't have anything and won't for a long time.  So many who retired in Paradise and may not have the strength to rebuild.  I have a lot that Edd and I will build him and Pat a new home on.  Hopefully we can fast track it.  I have a Demon Sizzler we'll build to replace Pat's drag car, but probably make it a driver.

If you saw the story of the warden who found his wife's wedding ring, I sold Jake a duster and he comes over weekly and we work on the car.  I just sold him a Sharks Tooth Grille and he fixed all the cracks and broken tabs.  A pile of melted plastic now. 

It's a mess here.

BIGSHCLUNK

This is a truly sad situation. I cant fathom what it must feel like to have EVERYTHING gone. Where do you start to put your life back together?