Main Menu

Another good man gone too soon ... RIP Randy Sutherland.

Started by RzeroB, February 11, 2023, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

If you haven't heard through other sources, Randy Sutherland lost his battle with cancer and passed away last Tuesday February 7th. AFAIK, Randy wasn't a member here but he was HUGE in the midwest Mopar scene around Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois and Iowa of which he was from. A life-long Mopar enthusiast, especially E-bodies, Randy owned at one point or another everything including some super cool Hemi cars. Randy was a "people person"; he seemed to know practically EVERBODY that was anybody in the midwest Mopar scene. Randy was also a stand up straight shooting kind of guy who would bend over backwards to help you and ask nothing in return except a solid handshake. RIP Randy, your knowledge and friendship will sorely be missed around this area.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

JH27N0B

I think Randy was the former owner of my '71 V code Challenger. I spoke with him several times over the years and he mentioned having cancer when we spoke last year.  I never caught his last name.  His email started with rpmcuda, is that the same Randy?
Sorry to hear.

Floyd

Very sorry to hear.  I had a few dealings with him over the years.  Nice guy.  RIP

anlauto

Sounds like another terrific Mopar guy gone too soon.....did he leave behind a large hoard of cars and parts like most do ? :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 11, 2023, 05:46:06 PM
I think Randy was the former owner of my '71 V code Challenger. I spoke with him several times over the years and he mentioned having cancer when we spoke last year.  I never caught his last name.  His email started with rpmcuda, is that the same Randy?
Sorry to hear.

Not sure?? Randy was from Indianola IA just south of Des Moines ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2023, 07:43:05 PM
Sounds like another terrific Mopar guy gone too soon.....did he leave behind a large hoard of cars and parts like most do ? :andyangel:

Randy was a hard working blue collar guy. Parts; yeah he had a stash of some really good stuff that he collected over the last 45 years. Cars; AFAIK he only had the one GA4 71 Challenger project that he was working on.
Cheers!
Tom

mccannix

That is sad to hear.
I have known Randy for many years and he was very knowlegable and well respected in the Mopar world
May he rest in peace

JH27N0B

Quote from: RzeroB on February 11, 2023, 09:08:29 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on February 11, 2023, 05:46:06 PM
Sorry to hear.

Not sure?? Randy was from Indianola IA just south of Des Moines ...
I bought the car through auction but the seller was from Minnesota, however in tracing the car or discussing it on Moparts I got in contact with a Randy from Iowa and we talked several times over the years and exchanged PMs, emails and several chats on the phone. He restored my car in the 90s after buying the project from one of Ron's (RPs RTs here) friends in Wisconsin. Randy sold it to Greg Nelson at some point after completion. 
We spoke again last summer and he mentioned he was still working despite stage 4 cancer.  I never got or don't remember his last name but I'm assuming same Randy. Anyway good guy,.  :andyangel:

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible