Main Menu

Dads Plymouth

Started by 70/6chall, August 18, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Not long ago we were posting about our early experiences with Chrysler cars. Just recently I was at my parents home ( both passed not long ago), clearing out things that had to go, before the new owners moved in. This has got to be one of those things that has to be hardest to do. Also 2 of my other brothers were there to help me with this task. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. Because the house I grew up in is in Huntington Beach Ca. And is 3 miles from the beach. Property values are insane there, it sold within a month and escrow closes very soon. As I was clearing out Dads book case I ran across a Motors Manual for 1970 ( which I have in my collection now). As I browsed through it a picture fell out. It showed my parents home in the early 70's with Dads 4dr 1963 Plymouth Savoy Sedan, SL6, push button Auto. bench seat, rubber floor mats, no carpet, radio and heater. This was the car I drove looking for work (when Dad wasn't using it), when I returned from overseas in 1972.  Dad got tired of that real quick and that's where he bought me my first 70 Dodge Challenger SL6, which I still have to this day, thanks Dad. I'm going to share that photo with you all now.  Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

Great story and picture Al.
Funny, my dad had the same exact model and color the only difference it was a 1964.
I, like you, also drove it when needed until I bought my own used 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 in 1968.

303 Mopar

Great pic!  Hopefully this brought back good memories. 

RUNCHARGER

What a great shot. I bought a 2 door Savoy off the original owner in 1996, same colour, S/6 3 speed absolutely no options not even a radio.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

halftrackman

Thanks AL, for picture and story, brings back the old days for me, If you have any pictures of the 70 challenger SL6 post it, if OK.   I have  owned a lot of mopars in the past.

JS29

mopar thunder

:bigthumb: That's a great pic. Love seeing all photos like that.  Thanks for sharing.