Main Menu

Different Broadcast sheet found

Started by TelisSE440, January 14, 2018, 02:17:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TelisSE440

Hi guys, as i was disassembling my car i found two Broadcast sheets. The one in the driver's side seat, which was the correct one and the  other, in the passenger's side which is the one below (JS23N0B112081). Wondering if someone has that Challenger R/T

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JH27N0B

Email Barry at the Hamtramck registry to let him know, and post on as many Mopar websites like Moparts that you can, hopefully the car is still around and the owner will see that you have his sheet!

TelisSE440

Will do, the seats were identical so I guess another factory mistake of putting different broadcast sheets. Hope the car is still around...

JH27N0B

It's pretty common to find incorrect sheets in a car.  My FE5 T/A had 2 sheets in it, both for a FC7 T/A 22 VINs after mine!  I contacted Jeff Coe who ran the T/A registry in the early 90s before handing over the reigns to Barry, and several days later I got a call from an excited guy in NY state who owned the FC7 T/A!  He ended up with 2 sheets for his car and I have none.
My original sales paperwork turned up a few years later.  I'd credit good kharma, though he got his sheets for free and I ended up paying a pretty penny for my original sales envelope.

6bblgt

@TelisSE440  is your car also an EXPORT order?

looks like this R/T was a couple days late being built .....
https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

"EXPORT" car probably ordered by a US serviceman returning stateside on a budget - few OPTIONs totaling only $333.90  :twothumbsup: money on 4-speed & "go-mango" well spent

TobiasM

Thank you very much for sharing the info/broadcastsheet, Telis!

Will earn you lots of Kharma-points  :perfect10:

Still hoping papaerwork for my car pops up and the finder is so genreous to spread the word about having it found...just as you did.  :Thud:

Yes, Barry (hamtramck-historical.com) and moparts.org-messageboard are the right places to additionally place your find!

TelisSE440

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 14, 2018, 09:37:46 PM
@TelisSE440  is your car also an EXPORT order?

looks like this R/T was a couple days late being built .....
https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

"EXPORT" car probably ordered by a US serviceman returning stateside on a budget - few OPTIONs totaling only $333.90  :twothumbsup: money on 4-speed & "go-mango" well spent

The car was sold in Meriden Connecticut, I know this because I have the original Chrysler warranty document, then a local bought it and brought it in Greece. Totally agree though money well spent  :ohyeah:

TelisSE440

Quote from: TobiasM on January 14, 2018, 11:51:03 PM
Thank you very much for sharing the info/broadcastsheet, Telis!

Will earn you lots of Kharma-points  :perfect10:

Still hoping papaerwork for my car pops up and the finder is so genreous to spread the word about having it found...just as you did.  :Thud:

Yes, Barry (hamtramck-historical.com) and moparts.org-messageboard are the right places to additionally place your find!

You're welcome Tobias,  I wouldn't like to be in the position of a Mopar guy  owning a car without (especially if it's rare) its documentation. I don't have the fender tag but I have the broadcast sheet, so I think I am OK. Hope you find your car's documentation!  :bigthumb: