Started by blown motor, November 08, 2021, 02:43:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ledphoot

Erik Shilling is quite a hack, should turn in his man card after writing that garbage.

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: ledphoot on November 08, 2021, 03:12:45 PM
Erik Shilling is quite a hack, should turn in his man card after writing that garbage.
Exactly. MSN and Mr. Shilling seems to be anti-American car, anti-performance car, and down on Dodge for marketing to the people who buy Challengers and Chargers!
Thank you, Dodge for selling exciting cars in a world of jelly bean look-a-likes. Keep up the great work!

jimynick

With the denigrating manner that he refers to "the brotherhood", one can only deduce that the wind from those fab new Dodges must've blown up his skirt, freezing his vestigial testicles to the point where they just plain froze and fell off. Quelle domage mon freres, eh?   :burnout:

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70vert

I try not to get my "news" from MSN, here is a better source:
https://www.stellpower.com/news-2021/dodge-formally-introduces-the-never-lift-two-year-plan/?fbclid=IwAR3fb7U-aR_LPYa21gL5SQhSDadySTy_RvCoEEJ9vE-vi_tmM1OyNXy6UUc

But the news is great! Glad to see Direct Connection back and that they already have performance products to announce.
The Chief Donut Maker position sounds enticing  :unbelievable:

6bblgt

the Leah Pruett & Matt Hagan racecars were lettered up with "DIRECT CONNECTION" last weekend at the Las Vegas NHRA National event
with both of them driving next year for Tony Stewart Racing ...... can we "ASSUME" the "DIRECT CONNECTION" sponsorship is moving with them?

ledphoot

dodj

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 08, 2021, 08:57:50 PM
both of them driving next year for Tony Stewart Racing ...... can we "ASSUME" the "DIRECT CONNECTION" sponsorship is moving with them?
What are TSR's brand sponsors in other racing?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Matt Hagan looks really scared! 😂
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70vert

Both good questions! No announcements that I've seen so far.

I'm not familiar with TS org & other sponsors. I think/hope that the new Direct Connection will stay with DSR. I know DSR has Ron Capps in Funny Car and Tony Schumacher in dragster and I would love to see them add back Jack Beckman.
One thing I've seen this year is that sponsors change by race, assume it is a money thing that they don't sponsor the entire season. A few races ago Matt Hagan had a farm implement brand sponsor him (he is farmer when not racing).

PS: I thought I read somewhere that DSR would continue to provide engines/machine work for Matt and Leah, but maybe I was dreaming.   

Quote from: dodj on November 09, 2021, 03:36:22 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on November 08, 2021, 08:57:50 PM
both of them driving next year for Tony Stewart Racing ...... can we "ASSUME" the "DIRECT CONNECTION" sponsorship is moving with them?
What are TSR's brand sponsors in other racing?

dodj

Quote from: 70vert on November 09, 2021, 12:53:50 PM
I would love to see them add back Jack Beckman.
I'd like to see JB back as well, but pretty sure he retired cuz he wanted to, not because he was out of a ride?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

@dodj
Yes you are probably right. I follow him on Instagram and he certainly seems happy spending time with family and fixing elevators. And still involved with Infinite Heroes!  Don't blame him at all and wish him the best.

dodj

@70vert
If you watched the finals at Pomona, Jack was there...

Fastmark

There are nasty rumors going around that this Direct Connection return is just a ploy on advertising. Just after this DC news, Mopar has said the Hellcats are going away soon as so is modern gas powered muscle. They really mean DC as Direct Current. Makes you wonder. Seems like the entire US is drinking the koolaid. They ignore the fact we rape the land with lithium manufacturering, exploit child labor in forgotten foreign countries and fly around in private jets to preach their gospel. And electric power is just waiting in abundance out there for free. Yea, right. The Texas electric grid failed horribly last February when our wind turbines were not prepared to handle the extreme cold, the solar panels had three inches of ice on them for a week and we don't have enough backup power stations powered by natural gas or diesel. Don't bother telling me I'm full of crap because I have friends that work at each one these places I just mention. The only thing that saved us was one plant that still had diesel generators backup in place. One of my buds was driving fuel to this plant on a 24 hour a day basis with his company. You won't hear about that on CNN. We had people die in this town because of no heat, no electricity and no cell towers service. Sorry for the rant but this current line of bull that is feed to us will destroy us.

JS29