Main Menu

Emblems

Started by Plumcrazzy, February 09, 2020, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

Am wondering if the emblems on most/all new cars are attached with emblem tape or does any manufacturer still use the old pin and retainer system. Looking for a good/safe way to remove an emblem if attached with tape. Anybody?

RUNCHARGER

Fishing line won't scratch the paint, better to do it on a hot day so the adhesive is soft.
Sheldon

screamindriver

I'm not sure what you're working on.. But most of the newer mopar "chrome" emblems such as for example the durango, sebring, etc... Will come off easily with a little heat applied and a plastic scraper..Follow up with some adhesive remover to make sure all the residue is off and you're good to go...

JS29

anlauto

Quote from: screamindriver on February 09, 2020, 07:39:05 PM
I'm not sure what you're working on.. But most of the newer mopar "chrome" emblems such as for example the durango, sebring, etc... Will come off easily with a little heat applied and a plastic scraper .Follow up with some adhesive remover to make sure all the residue is off and you're good to go...

This is what I used and it worked great on a new vehicle....

Funny Story:  :crazytalk:
When I bought my 2010 RAM 1500 I never liked the RAM logo right in the middle of the door, so when the truck was only about two weeks old, I carefully removed the emblems, installed new tape and just lowered the RAM emblem on the door. My wife and friends thought I was being completely anal and off my rocker....BUT LOOKY HERE.....who followed suit nine years later ???? Only the 2019 RAM designers  :P :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration