Main Menu

End of Chrysler brand?

Started by Brads70, May 30, 2018, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Business wise it's probably the right thing to do with the way they haven't done anything positive with Chrysler. Mercedes started to kill it and Fiat finished it. I think I would just as soon Chrysler be a warm memory at this point anyway. If American buyers want a luxury car in their driveway they want it to have an Import brand on it, simple as that. I don't like it but that is the reality of it all.
Sheldon

floorit426

Bummer, I heard that, today. I also heard the rumor that they are going to also announce the resurrection of the Viper, only with a V-8, in a Fiat platform. Stay tuned...

71-440

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 30, 2018, 07:03:14 PM
Business wise it's probably the right thing to do with the way they haven't done anything positive with Chrysler. Mercedes started to kill it and Fiat finished it. I think I would just as soon Chrysler be a warm memory at this point anyway. If American buyers want a luxury car in their driveway they want it to have an Import brand on it, simple as that. I don't like it but that is the reality of it all.

:iagree:

Joe

RUNCHARGER

I hope they don't whore the Viper name. Unfortunately there is no dignity in the biz.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

If that has to be then a good trade-off IMO would be to bring back the Plymouth name and attached to it the New 426 Hemi Barracuda. :notsure:

captcolour

Writing was on the wall.  With Ford's announcement to stop selling cars, FCA was going to follow suit.  That kills the 300 and likely the Charger.  The 300 was supposed to get a refresh for 2020, but that was extended to 2022.  With the 300 gone, that leaves the Pacifica which either goes or becomes a Jeep.  If they kill the Challenger, does the Dodge name go away as well?

blown motor

I don't think there was any mention of killing Dodge.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Speedemon75

Quote from: captcolour on May 31, 2018, 05:34:00 PM
Writing was on the wall.  With Ford's announcement to stop selling cars, FCA was going to follow suit.  That kills the 300 and likely the Charger.  The 300 was supposed to get a refresh for 2020, but that was extended to 2022.  With the 300 gone, that leaves the Pacifica which either goes or becomes a Jeep.  If they kill the Challenger, does the Dodge name go away as well?

Ford is stopping production of all cars except the Mustang. They will continue to produce mustangs, SUV's and Trucks. I doubt dodge will kill the charger, it is the best selling car in its class. Also, I don't believe they will kill the challenger as well as it is a high seller compared to the mustang and Camaro. American Automotive Company's are shifting towards Trucks, SUV's, and "Muscle cars". By muscle cars I mean cars built to look badass and sound badass (however, the modern day challenger really can only be classified as a muscle car, the Camaro/mustang are more sports cars).

Cuda70-74

Wow interesting could the Dodge brothers be back at Ford insert  Sarcasm. The car industry is shifting in a new direction.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

Man Walter must be turning in his grave , he was one of the best in the Auto industry
What a shame not to leave the name on at least 1 vehicle  :bye:

Cuda Cody

It's hard to believe much of what executives say these days, but they are saying it's not going away now...

"But a Fiat Chrysler spokesperson denied the rumor, telling FOX Business that Chrysler isn't going away."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/fiat-chryslers-future-in-focus-as-ceo-presents-strategy

zazou

here in europe:

Chrysler = Fiat
Fiat= shit

....the end !
Plymouth Cuda 1973 - Normandie-France

ec_co

Quote from: zazou on June 01, 2018, 12:35:32 AM
here in europe:

Chrysler = Fiat
Fiat= shit

....the end !

pretty sure most of us here in the States have also equated Fiat with shit in the past. not quite a Yugo, but close .....
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

chargerdon

Fix It Again Tony...   In the USA Fiat has never been a reliable car..   I cant even believe anyone is stupid enough to buy a 500 in any form...overpriced little non performing ugly box.   

Now the Fiat version of the Miata is a great looking car...wonder if its also as unreliable as the rest of the Fiats...   

Regarding the Chrysler name plate...what a shame...  the 300 is an ancient Mercedes platform...  and the Dodge products would cease to exist if it weren't for the police forces wanting a full size rwd sedan.   Time will tell, but the dropping of the Dart and 200 products show that Fiat simply doesnt understand the american market...