Main Menu

Epoxy for white metal?

Started by dodj, September 24, 2017, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

I have a 2007 Cummins Ram. The other day I went to fold the mirror along the window and I broke a part of the white metal interior frame (structure) of the mirror. Now it wiggles in the wind so to speak. Is there any epoxy out there that can repair this type of metal or should I head to the scrap yard?  :thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda Cody

I'm not really sure what White Metal is? :huh:  But most epoxy's should be able to hold pretty much anything within reason.  Our local auto paint store sells some good stuff and I think Home Depot sells some too.  If it was me, I would try the epoxy first before buying a new part or getting one from the junk yard.   :alan2cents:

dodj

Maybe 'white metal' is a regional name for it? It's that light, alloy metal that snaps rather than bends. Like aluminium, sort of, but not. Don't really know the real name for it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

750-h2

Also known as Pot Metal. The stuff that vintage tail light bezels are made of.

Cuda Cody

Pot metal, oh I know what that is.  Epoxy should hold it just fine.   :alan2cents:

dodj