Main Menu

Ever Remember Odd Rod Cards?

Started by Topcat, April 19, 2018, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

You would've had to have been born in the mid to late 50's to remember these trading cards.

I was about 10-12 years old and bought them (when Mom would let me) 

They also were sticker types. so you could stick them after peeling off the back.

Teachers hated them!   :pullinghair:

https://www.google.com/search?q=odd+rod+cards&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-l9CdjMjaAhUpw1QKHTJYDd0Q_AUICygC&biw=1242&bih=602

ToxicWolf

bentpshrods

OH YEA.    Had to go diggin but I found them.  Still have 2 complete sets of the sticker ones. I must have been about 10 -- 12 years old. If I remember right they came with a stick of bubble gum in each packet.  Late 60's or so. Still a big fan of car cartoon drawings.  Was also about the time of Ed Roth's Rat Fink .  Also one of my favorites.   

bentpshrods

Thanks for the link. This does put a date on them--1969. I was 12.  Almost forgot I still had them.  Been a long,long time in storage.  Kind of silly some of the things a person will hold on to. But brought back some great memories tho.  Fun seeing the value (or so) put on them today.  Almost like a Antiques Road show moment.      :D

cuda hunter

I've never seen then before.   

Thanks for sharing.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee