Main Menu

Fake Paypal Email - Beware

Started by Jay Bee, March 02, 2021, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

I got a fake email that looked like it was Paypal 2 days in a row. Just thought I'd alert the board. When I looked at the Resolution center in my Paypal account there was no such notification from them.

Your account has been limited   
Dear my email address was here ,
Your PayPal account has been limited.
Your account has been limited temporarily in order to protect it. The account will continue to be limited until it is approved.
Please verify your identity today or your account will be limited due to concerns we have for the security and integrity of the PayPal Services.
Verify Your Account
After verifying your account, you can use your PayPal account to make payments. Your transactions will be covered by PayPal Buyer Protection for eligible purchases.
Sincerely,
PayPal

One of the days this was in the URL...<wfxfkyu@fljy.org>...different on the second day.

Challenger in NC

I get the same crap e-mail from someone pretending to be from I-tunes.

MEK-Dangerous

If Paypal doesn't address you by name, it's a scam. I've gotten a few of those too.

anlauto

Get that type of stuff all the time in my hotmail account.....Paypal doesn't even have my hotmail address  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudamike

dodj

Pretty standard scam email wording.
I haven't received one yet,  but am now expecting.  Thanks for posting!  :cheers:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Poolshark314

ALWAYS look at the actual email address (not the display name) of the sender before clicking on any links in an email. You can see in this picture that the display name is "account-update@amazon..." but the email address is REALLY a different email address that they use to spam people with. Everyone please be careful when reading email, especially while on a work computer. You don't want to be the person that infected your work network or shared drives.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Bullitt-

I keep 2-email accounts, the one from my ISP gets daily several of these types of scams claiming to be from various companies including banks I don't have accounts with.  In contrast my gmail account hardly ever gets any so that's the account I reserve for business & trusted sources. The other I hardly use any more except to register for giveaways and requesting info.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

I get those every week , just look at the address it is sent from you will know immediatley .

Jay Bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 09, 2021, 07:29:06 PM
I get those every week , just look at the address it is sent from you will know immediatley .

Yup, I know. Wanted to flag this as a notice and start the discussion on detecting it. I also posted the suspicious address/link in my original post.