Main Menu

Fender penta star colors

Started by Shawn, September 20, 2018, 06:53:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shawn

Hello, I'm currently doing a 70 Challenger RT convertible 426 hemi tribute build.
I have a question regarding the fender penta star emblem, what color would this car have?
The car is code H (high trim grade), code A63 (molding group A) if this makes a difference? Silver or gold penta star?
Thanks

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure they were all gold and some faded to silver over time.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 20, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
Pretty sure they were all gold and some faded to silver over time.

Exactly..

Shawn

Well that explains why the original one I have is silver!

RUNCHARGER

Classic's Chevy stuff is like that too.....
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

MEK-Dangerous

Gold or brass colored is correct. They went with silver starting in 2005.

PlumCrazyRTSE

There also seems to be multiple styles available.  Anyone have an original that they can post a photo of?

70/6chall

My early built '70 Challenger, and being an early built LA car, I believe had a late sixties gold/black trimmed penta star. Probably whatever ones they had in the bins. Now this was OEM factory, sometimes I think what was put on at the assy. line was whatever was handy. A lot of the purists will not like what I did myself right after I last had it painted. I had an original gold penta star to place back on it, but........instead I saw a penta star from a 90's Intrepid/Concorde which I liked because of the way it reflected light sort of a diamond cut look. I did put that one on and I liked it, Although I can easily return to its original penta star, beings they're adhesive backed. My original does have the set pins on the back.    Thanks,   Al