Main Menu

First time traveling to the USA. San Francisco

Started by Swamp Donkey, May 13, 2019, 08:19:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Good way to lose it and end up taking someone out as they become aggressive with my wife in front of my young daughter...

Back on point.
Enjoy the trip because you will. There is a lot to see. Just keep the extra eye out.

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Swamp Donkey

I owe you guys an update.  I had a great time in San Francisco.  There were a few rougher parts of town that were definitely dirty and I saw quite a few homeless people.  But not one person approached me to look or ask for money.  I did not get to close to inspect, but I'm pretty sure I saw one human turd!  Haha.  So I can check that off as a must see attraction. There was a marathon somewhere around the fishermans wharf that we had no idea about, so our UBER got snarled up in gridlock traffic. We jumped out and walked about 2 miles to the Wharf.  That was where we got to see many different walks of life through quite a few different neighbourhoods. We pretty much spent all day around the fishermans wharf on Sunday.  Weather did end up being nicer way up where I live in Canada then the San Francisco weather.  Weather was rain, sun, wind, cloudy, sun, wind and rain, sun etc....  Food was all good.  Had some clam chowder, Dungeness Crab, Oysters, Pizza, street vendor hot dog, etc.  My very limited time there, I would give it a 8/10
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

kawahonda

Great to hear. It's a fun place to visit. You won't feel "unsafe' in most places, and yes, the food is AWESOME.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Swamp Donkey

Two more observations.  We went on a float by Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge tour.

1) I did not see any Gold on the Golden Gate Bridge.   Of course I was in a boat looking at the underside.  Maybe there was something painted yellow somewhere on the top side.  But I was not expecting a rust/maroon color to the bridge. 

2). Alcatraz is way closer to land then I imagined.  I had it in my mind that it was like 10 miles out to sea or something like that.  Not saying I could swim it, but it was like 10x closer than I expected. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

7212Mopar

Glad that you had a good time in SF. I think SF was the gateway for the gold diggers back in the 1800s thus the Golden Gate. As far as I know, the bridge is always that reddish color. The water in the Bay is cold and the current is quite strong during in and out of the tide. For smaller boats, you need to know how to get in and out of the Bay.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

YellowThumper

Glad we did not scare you off and did have a good time.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.