Main Menu

Hard to get anything done with these distractions

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, June 03, 2018, 08:23:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

I was attempting to get NIKKI's radiator out so I can ship it up to Glen Ray.  :wrenching:

All of a sudden I hear a little rumble in the alley..... and it's NOT NIKKI  :unbelievable: A buddy stopped by to show me his garage find (that's a in the city barn find).  Sorry not a MOPAR....  A 64 Pontiac Grand Prix!  For me Ponty was second in line so it's all good! New exhaust /brakes/powder coated wheels. Love the Red Lines (yes I know they are not correct). 389 w a carter 4bbl. Very solid car and the trim $$$ in very good shape. Enjoy...

BIGSHCLUNK

A ton of bright work on the dash. All gauges work! Take a look at that headliner! 35K for miles  :banana:  I'm told original interior  :worship:

cuda hunter

That's a great find!  And a really cool car. 

Love that it has the 8 lug wheels.  I've been considering getting a set of 8's for my 66 2+2. 

Super nice interior.  Wish I could find a mopar barn find in that condition. 

Funny I have found many pontiacs in great condition over the years but mopars seem to have all fallen apart. 

Slick car anyway!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

That's a really neat car. I always loved those wheels.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

That is cool. Always nice to see unrestored unmolested vintage rides regardless of make.
He should drive it 70 or 80 miles south to St Charles, IL on the weekend of August 10-12 to the Pheasant Run resort for the annual Indian Uprising show.  It's an outstanding show and I'm sure that car would be a big hit!
And Saturday late afternoon they host an all makes cruise in conjunction with the show, and I've gone there several times, which is why I can attest to the quality and great organization of the show.  They feature another make every year at this cruise, which I'm told this year will be Mopars!  So maybe drive Nikki down Saturday afternoon to help make an impressive showing!
Of course that is Mopar Nats weekend, but if I don't go to Ohio that weekend, Indian Uprising is where I'll be Saturday afternoon!

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

Dakota

Absolutely love the stock console mounted vacuum gauge.   I don't recall every seeing one like that before.   Really cool stuff, Bigs - thanks for sharing.

DodgeGuy

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 03, 2018, 08:48:52 AM
That is cool. Always nice to see unrestored unmolested vintage rides regardless of make.
He should drive it 70 or 80 miles south to St Charles, IL on the weekend of August 10-12 to the Pheasant Run resort for the annual Indian Uprising show.  It's an outstanding show and I'm sure that car would be a big hit!
And Saturday late afternoon they host an all makes cruise in conjunction with the show, and I've gone there several times, which is why I can attest to the quality and great organization of the show.  They feature another make every year at this cruise, which I'm told this year will be Mopars!  So maybe drive Nikki down Saturday afternoon to help make an impressive showing!
Of course that is Mopar Nats weekend, but if I don't go to Ohio that weekend, Indian Uprising is where I'll be Saturday afternoon!

Hey Brad, I've been to Pheasant Run for Mecum a few times ... so I know right where it is. I don't know if you've been keeping up on any of my other posts but NIKKI is going thru a bunch of upgrades cause I pretty well let her sit for 2 years. Hoping to be back in the swing of things in a few weeks.   :wrenching:

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 03, 2018, 08:42:06 AM
That's a great find!  And a really cool car. 

Wish I could find a mopar barn find in that condition. 

Funny I have found many pontiacs in great condition over the years but mopars seem to have all fallen apart. 

We all hate to admit it but GM's build quality was way better in those days....  :soshelp:

JH27N0B

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on June 03, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on June 03, 2018, 08:48:52 AM
Hey Brad, I've been to Pheasant Run for Mecum a few times ... so I know right where it is. I don't know if you've been keeping up on any of my other posts but NIKKI is going thru a bunch of upgrades cause I pretty well let her sit for 2 years. Hoping to be back in the swing of things in a few weeks.   :wrenching:
Coincidently, I just had got my convertible back from a long overdue partial engine rebuild in early August and the Indian Uprising all makes cruise in 2017 was the first time I drove it more than 10 miles from my house in 4 years! A good break in drive for sure.  :burnout: