Barn
1 (1.1%)
No garage . . Sadly
1 (1.1%)
Carport
3 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Spikedog08

So I have been working in my little 2 car garage .. I say little as there is not near enough room for all my sh!t!  I was wondering what most of the ebody lovers have for storage?  I feel bad for some of the members that struggle with a small 1 car garage for their ride but still that is a garage and I would take what I could get for storage.  I struggle with a 2 car garage as I have 2 cars, plus 2 daily drivers, a boat, 2 jet skis and a pontoon boat.  Let alone all the other items that need to be in a garage.  Where I live the HOA will not allow a shed and having an in ground pool, the need for storage can be challenging! 

Anyways, I put in a sound system and installed a computer for entertainment today . . Pictures of some of the work.  Climbing in the attic to run the wires can be challenging but sure makes for a nice sound system.  I got a new receiver with blue tooth and love it.  Mounted speakers in all the corners!  Now we ROCK!

Photo 1 my new monitor
Photo 2 my new receiver
Photo 3 mounted speakers! 

Neighbors just LOVE me!  lol

SHOW SOME PICTURES OF WHAT YOU HAVE!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

1.75 really, no way to fit two "new" cars in my wife's garage.. :rofl:

More goes on in here then you would ever imagine.... :wrenching:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Mine is a long two car 26' wide by 40' long. So two stalls, a 9000lb lift in one. Then enough room for a few work benches, welder, etc.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

My house had a 25x25 2-1/2 car garage which I had torn down in 2008 and a new 3 car garage built.  28x24 with 12' average roof height, which was the biggest garage my village would allow.
It's a little tight but 3 E bodies can fit in it with room to open the doors.
Of course by 2016 I had outgrown it, and currently 3 cars reside in it and 2 are in a storage facility.
And my daily driver and new truck are sitting out in my driveway getting snowed on right now.
Since I have resigned myself I'm trapped in Illinois for the immediate future, and can't flee to Tennessee like I want to anytime soon, I'm thinking of trying to buy a house at an airport community about 30 miles west of me, where I'd have an attached 2-3 car garage and a 2000 or more square foot hanger in my back yard. In which I could house a plane and 5 or 6 cars!  :woohoo:
Sadly I would almost certainly outgrow that too....

Spikedog08

Quote from: JH27N0B on December 28, 2021, 06:53:21 PM
My house had a 25x25 2-1/2 car garage which I had torn down in 2008 and a new 3 car garage built.  28x24 with 12' average roof height, which was the biggest garage my village would allow.
It's a little tight but 3 E bodies can fit in it with room to open the doors.
Of course by 2016 I had outgrown it, and currently 3 cars reside in it and 2 are in a storage facility.
And my daily driver and new truck are sitting out in my driveway getting snowed on right now.
Since I have resigned myself I'm trapped in Illinois for the immediate future, and can't flee to Tennessee like I want to anytime soon, I'm thinking of trying to buy a house at an airport community about 30 miles west of me, where I'd have an attached 2-3 car garage and a 2000 or more square foot hanger in my back yard. In which I could house a plane and 5 or 6 cars!  :woohoo:
Sadly I would almost certainly outgrow that too....

That' sounds like a great plan . . But correct . . Would probably out grow it sooner or later. 

JH27N0B

Boaters talk about having a disease called "2 footitis", whatever boat you own you'll always want a bigger one.
Same thing goes for garages and gear heads, maybe call it "one stallitis", whatever size garage you have, you'll always want a bigger one with another stall!  :haha:

1970Cuda

On the poll, it would have been nice to maybe include like a 2 + (like a carport or something similar), because my abode has a covered carport, which at least keeps my third vehicle out of the elements (for the most part anyway).

Spikedog08

Quote from: 1970Cuda on December 28, 2021, 07:27:43 PM
On the poll, it would have been nice to maybe include like a 2 + (like a carport or something similar), because my abode has a covered carport, which at least keeps my third vehicle out of the elements (for the most part anyway).

So I modified the poll to include a car port and you can select multiple options. 

Spikedog08

115 members have viewed this and only 9 votes?  WTF?    :looney:

Squire Edgar

My three car in the back, I have a two car attached to the house, but no pics.

Chryco Psycho

Well at one point I had a 45'x80' heated barn which could hold 16 cars easy .
now I have a carport to keep the sun off  :help:

cudaragtop

3 Car garage with a 4 post lift behind the single door. Next to the house behind the fence is my 18x20 Walmart Carport outdoor shop, Behind that there is some open space and then my 11x20 Costco Boat Cover.
Project car under the big tent, behind it sits my car trailer and behind that is the boat cover...

Sold the Challenger this September so the 'Cuda sits on the lift alone now.

My shop in the snow. The 69 Barracuda project car under the cover.

I do some of my tinkering under the 20x40 Patio Cover I have 3 workbenches under the cover that share space with our patio furniture and gas firepit.

And then there is our 12x16 shed that has 60A 220V power that is mostly storage but has work benches on 3 walls and I can tinker on stuff in there too.

In a couple years, we will say goodbye to this place and head off to Eastern Washington.
There, I will have a real shop! Will still have an attached garage to park our car/truck, etc. but there will be a real shop.
Will probably end up building what we want... will never find exactly what we want so kind of expect we will build it.
Might have to live in our 5th wheel for a while. "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" We rent RV space next to a lake April-September and pay $50 a month storage the other 6 months, October-March. Been going to there every summer since 1979...

The view from our trailer's front yard.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Dakota

There wasn't a "2.75 car garage" option so I rounded up.   Our 3rd bay is several feet shorter than the other bays, so that's where a Mini Cooper gets parked.   

Before we chose this house, my wife and I looked at about a dozen others.  The most memorable of the "others" was a listing which described having indoor parking for 8 cars.  I absolutely had to see this.  It turned out this was a house with an attached 2 car garage plus a detached 6 bay garage (2 wide by 3 deep).   When the relator entered the code to open the roll-up door on the detached garage, I could hear the theme song from "2001:  A Space Odessey" playing in my head.   This garage was both immense and immaculate.   It had stainless steel work benches, a big screen TV, RaceDeck flooring, multiple bicycle trainers along with lots of triathlon trophies, a couple of motorcycles and a BMW.  This screamed "man cave."     

The house that came with the incredible garage was a complete mess.   Nearly every room in the house had something broken or worn out in it.  There was water seeping through the walls in the basement plus mold damage and a lovely odor.

At one point, we asked the relator why the house was for sale.   Her reply:  "the owners are getting divorced".   We didn't feel a need to ask any other questions.   

torredcuda

My first house had a 24x24 two car with a nice gambrel second floor for storage, second house I had two car attached and I biult a 24x32 workshop, third house (post divorce) had a 24x25 which I eventually added on an 18x24 third bay which was going to set up as a paint booth but we ended up deciding to move, current house has a two car under and a 24x24 detached shop which is definitely tight with two vehicles and equipment. Plans are to possibly move again but if we stay I`ll figure out a way to add on at least another bay, my dream would be in floor heat.

This was my biggest one with the added 18x24 bay off the back - still was packed full and not big enough!
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

torredcuda

First house with barnboard garage, gambrel roof, I started out with a wood stove but swithced to an old mobile home furnace that I plugged in when out there as it had small gaps in the boards and no insulation. My future garages all were insulated with permanent heaters, either oil or propane
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/