Main Menu

Gas Prices hit new Record Lows

Started by Topcat, April 05, 2020, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Holy Petroleum Batman!  .94 cents a Gallon!   :unbelievable:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/gas-prices-average-drop-kentucky-station/

Let's hear your local record lows.
Especially on what is premium Fuel prices where you're at.

EDL94

Gas is cheep now that we cant go anywhere

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Topcat on April 05, 2020, 05:03:51 PM
Holy Petroleum Batman!  .94 cents a Gallon!   :unbelievable:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/gas-prices-average-drop-kentucky-station/

Let's hear your local record lows.
Especially on what is premium Fuel prices where you're at.

I'd sure like to see prices like that around here...

kawahonda

I'm afraid to touch the fuel pump.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

RUNCHARGER

Works out to US$2.20/gallon here. Cheap for us but still immoral.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Still $1.99 by me.  Not that it really matters, I've still got about a half tank left from when I topped off around 3 weeks ago.
I haven't reinstated the insurance yet on "blue bomber" my '09 Classic R/T that has been winter hibernating for the last 4 months.  And I'm not sure when I will either, why spend the money when I'm only making a couple local grocery and takeout runs a week?
I wish I could store a couple hundred gallons of cheap gas for when life gets back to normal.  :looney:

JonH

Record lows? Obviously whoever made that statement was not alive in the middle of the last century....

BIGSHCLUNK

$1,45 HERE BUT .99 ABOUT 30 MILES WEST (reg)

cuda hunter

We are still 2.19 to 2.79. 
Too bad this gas is so crappy you can't store it for long.  You get maybe 30 days before it starts going bad.  I've seen the color change in my gas can in just about 30 days. 
  This new ethanol gas is crap.  I feel it is the gas companies keeping us under their thumbs so we have to go get new gas and can't keep gas around. 
  I guess you can put stabilizer into the gas but then the cost goes up a bunch.  I have to put stabilizer into all my old cars as I don't drive them much and the gas goes bad through the winter. 
  wish our gas prices would go down.   Price we pay to live in the mountains I guess.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

I live in a country that produces no oil & has 85% renewable energy , so all oil is imported & we are down to $1.60 / gal

JS29

$2.14.9 For the cheep stuff, 2.81.9 for non ethanol, 2.89.9 for diesel. New York state tax's will never let it go to 1.00 per gallon :foul:

Msbaugh440

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 05, 2020, 09:26:32 PM
We are still 2.19 to 2.79. 
Too bad this gas is so crappy you can't store it for long.  You get maybe 30 days before it starts going bad.  I've seen the color change in my gas can in just about 30 days. 
  This new ethanol gas is crap.  I feel it is the gas companies keeping us under their thumbs so we have to go get new gas and can't keep gas around. 
  I guess you can put stabilizer into the gas but then the cost goes up a bunch.  I have to put stabilizer into all my old cars as I don't drive them much and the gas goes bad through the winter. 
  wish our gas prices would go down.   Price we pay to live in the mountains I guess.

Lol... you do realize that blending ethanol into gasoline is a government mandate right? It was made to try to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and dependence on foreign oil... It goes bad so quickly because of the ethanol. I work for an oil refiner and we don't even produce or blend the ethanol at the refinery. Trust me, we'd much rather not use it and sell you more gasoline

mopartaz

I found a Fuel 1  station here selling reg @ $1.73 and diesel @ $2.07

BIGSHCLUNK

jimynick

Quote from: JonH on April 05, 2020, 06:13:32 PM
Record lows? Obviously whoever made that statement was not alive in the middle of the last century....
Ain't THAT the truth?! I remember pumping B/A gas at my old man's gas station in the early 60's for $0.27 a gallon or 4.5ltrs for the metrically impressed. It's still 0.70 a litre here in Ontario.  :(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"