Main Menu

guests vs members

Started by cuda hunter, October 28, 2017, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

How is it that there are 600 visitors on the site when there are like 25 of us regulars on line?  Just seems weird. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I notice that FEBO has a list that calls out how many members, visitors and "robots". 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Our guest list includes google searches, bots, and guests.  It just puts them all in to one total.  The only real number that counts is the members that are logged on.   :bigthumb:

Brads70

I've heard the term before, but what exactly is a " bot" ?

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on October 29, 2017, 05:00:50 AM
Automated systems etc. Not a real person. Those spam emails you get are an example of a an automated program to send people emails to addresses they find scouring the web.
Search hits by google etc is what cody means by bots in this case. Google is not an actual person 'hitting' this site.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

Quote from: Brads70 on October 29, 2017, 05:00:50 AM
I always thought of it as an internet robot. Sort of like those robo-dialers that telephone solicitors use except on the web. Here's Wikipedia's long drawn out explanation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot