Main Menu

Photobucket pics back?

Started by Katfish, May 21, 2018, 01:31:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

I've had a few people contact me about info I posted on the 518 swap thread on CC.
When I checked it out I noticed the Photobucket pics are now showing up?
So did they drop the ransom fee, or is this just temporary?

Either way, I'm done with them, happy with postimage.org

Cuda Cody

Could not believe it when they pulled that move and started holding peoples photos hostage.  I get they have to make money, but that was a bad move.  So many other ways they could have done it.  So I guess they might have had a "change of heart" when they seen how many people were jumping ship.  I'll never use them again.

1 Wild R/T

Who ever thought that was a good plan got a serious dose of reality....

cuda hunter

that's wild.  I went back on and my account is still there but i don't get hit with all the advertising.
Also, got to browse and hit the recent downloads and you can see stuff that people have posted lately. 
I always liked that because of the randomness of it.   That went to hell.  No anything except stupid advertising stuff people were posting.  It appears to have some regular photos being posted on it again. 
  We;ll see what they do. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71-440

Yup checked my account and my stuff is there.

Here's my '09 at Beech Bend

Joe

RUNCHARGER

Apparently they have a new CEO. It doesn't matter, I'll never use them, I'll never let photos out of my personal control.
Sheldon

@cuda hunter , speaking of photos, I took this one this morning, 5-21, in The Woodlands Texas.

I remember driving thru Poncha Springs , just west of Salida , on the way to Great Sand Dunes and Blanca , where I ended up buying some property.

cuda hunter

It's a small world.  Everywhere I go I meet people who have lived or have been in Salida.  Little town of 5000.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

I couldn't believe that started to charge after all that time of free . . Never used them myself . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

Just checked on cc.c and all the pictures I posted from Photobucket are there. No More "speedometer", just the "screaming cat" with "Photo not found" message, probably from people deleting those from Photobucket or deleting their account completely. 

Katfish

Yeah, I downloaded all my pics, but just left the account.
I know some people deleted their accounts, but I didn't bother.
So all the old links I posted are now showing back up.
Will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

Jay Bee

Got an email from Photobucket today. It was something to the affect of the free hosting is for a limited time only. It also said that they heard all the feedback and are now offering lower rates to suit your need. I call BS, they lowered the price because so many people dropped them. Really, why pay for something that you can get for free elsewhere.

RUNCHARGER

I guess the question is if anyone paid the $400? I bet not.
Sheldon

Brads70

Pretty tough to un burn a bridge....... by, by photobucket, enjoy your demise ..... :P