Main Menu

Hayward fault: 4.4 magnitude

Started by Topcat, January 04, 2018, 07:03:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

It felt like a train went by 20 feet away.  :o
Lasted close to 3 seconds.

Woke me up and I can sleep thru these most of the time.
Zyzzy is on alert with ears back. 

USGS said this could be the fore shock to a bigger one coming.

So far no major damage being reported.

303 Mopar

Cudakiller70

Didn't feel a thing, we're about 30 miles away. Kinda glad we're not near there any more. Though near the Bay Area we're not immune from earthquakes, over due, so they say.

Brads70

Yikes that would freak me out. I can store your old Plymouth up here if you want, for safe keeping!  :D

7212Mopar

I was in deep sleep until wife woke me up. Did not feel anything at all. Better to have little ones to relief stress instead of big ones.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on January 04, 2018, 09:25:45 AM
Yikes that would freak me out. I can store your old Plymouth up here if you want, for safe keeping!  :D

4.4 = no worries, call me when it's a 6.4...

Cudakiller70

Earthquake tracker, earthquakes are fairly common.
https://earthquaketrack.com/us-ca-fremont/recent

IRON MAN

Was it Jay Leno who said, We have four seasons in California: earthquake, fire, flood, and drought.  :rofl:

70/6chall

Over due Man! That's a real understatement. The whole state is over due. Supposed to be prepared for the "big one"!?!? You folks up in the Bay Area have been known for some decent rollers. I'm south of "Shakey Town" LA, by 30 miles and just 20 miles from the San Andeas which runs between me and San Bernardino. So...... I'm watching this end of the Mother of Faults and the rest of you can watch the other end. Waiting,Waiting,Waiting.   Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Topcat

I've seen an earthquake:
Inside a lab and the salt atmosphere tank started rolling water inside.
Looked ahead and saw the ground rolling moving away from me.

I've heard the Earthquake coming:
89' Loma Prieta quake, I was 5 miles from the epicenter. All the trees in the Mountains bear us were groaning as the roll came towards us.

I've Felt them:
89' quake picked me up like a Bouncer had a rag doll and threw me out the door to the ground.

HP_Cuda

Usually don't get woken up for anything under 6.0 but this one did.

Reminds me of some lyrics  "slip sliding away"
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200