Main Menu

Hey vanishing point buffs

Started by cuda hunter, May 29, 2018, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/vanishing-point-argos-car-delivery-service-denver.11893/

These guys are pretty impressive with their love for locations on the V.P. movie.
Just thought some of you might have some interest and may want to contribute.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70chall440

That's pretty cool. Everyone has focused on the car, but its interesting that others have focused on the locations.
Mopar or no car!!!

MrLocation

If you'd like to see our pictures of the now locations of where Kowalski drove in his Challenger, go here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrlocation/albums/72157632013998035
Seeking that last illusive film location.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @MrLocation   :welcome:  That's some fantastic photos!   :clapping:  :worship:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, thank you for the info

R/T's 4 R/P

The release date shows 1971, but I am guessing it was filmed in 1970.
I am considering a 50th anniversary drive in the next few months.  It would be fun to see these sites.
With Covid...seems like a perfect trip to just be alone and out in the middle of nowhere...just like Kowalski!
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

jeff968

Love it. I would love to take this drive some day through this beautiful country of ours. I've seen the movie a million times.

One thing I don't see mentioned, but I'm sure it has been, is only one of the VP challenger's has scat pack bees in the quarter windows. Any catch the scene?

docmel

Theres another version starring Viggio Morgensen (spelling) and its pretty darn good, in some way better than the original

7212Mopar

I really admire you guys taking the old rides across the country. I have yet gut up to take my car beyond a hundred miles radius.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

docmel

CHeck out the 97 vesion here.  In the movie there are great shots of mopars in the shop he picks up the challnger near the beginning  And yep, charger chases challenger later on

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3823108377?playlistId=tt0120430&ref_=tt_pr_ov_vi

erik70rt

Quote from: docmel on August 17, 2020, 01:51:50 PM
Theres another version starring Viggio Morgensen (spelling) and its pretty darn good, in some way better than the original

Blasphemy!!!!!!! :haha: :haha:

While the newer version is better for seeing Mopars, they tried to make a more PC version and it didn't cut it. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

cuda hunter

Politically Correct anything sucks !!

MEK-Dangerous

The 1997 version had a better plot, but i'm still sticking with the original as my favorite. Barry Newman was great in it.